Albums That Should NEVER Be RE-PRESSED on Vinyl

RAR being in print for so long and with so many variations means I end up with a collection of them that looks like this!

[image]

If they don't let it go out of print soon, that is the biggest it is going to get unless I happen across one of the glow in the dark ones.

All kidding aside it is silly to wish something out of print. Good records should be available always, especially if there is always a demand for them. Those old Frontier Records like the Suicidal Tendencies LP and Adolescents LP and all those old SST records like Black Flag have been in print for the most part for the past 30 years now. It's great that they are still available on the correct format (vinyl) for standard prices for those that weren't around to buy them in the 1980s or even 10 years ago.

In fact should I become president of Earth someday, my first law will be that certain records will have to be in print always on vinyl starting with Husker Du - Zen Arcade.

Did I say I had a problem with No Idea? No.

Well if you want them to stop pressing an album that they make money off, maybe you should think of the repercussions it would have for their label because they would be the most affected by that decision. I agree with Travis, if there's a demand for a record that keeps selling there's no point in putting it out of print for no reason.

Maybe no one else is posting other albums because the premise of this thread is really counterproductive and pointless.

Could just print 5,000 on black if you want to keep it in print.

Mixed vinyl is cheaper than black, plus it looks cooler. And it makes the collector nerd sweat.

Anyway, my vote is for Frampton Comes Alive, Rumours, Dark Side of the Moon, or any record that sold tens of millions in the 70s. There are still hundreds of thousands of nice copies out there in used bins for less than $10, there is no reason for a Back To Black ORG 180 gram Remastered RTI Special Anniversary Edition repress.

Anyway, my vote is for Frampton Comes Alive, Rumours, Dark Side of the Moon, or any record that sold tens of millions in the 70s. There are still hundreds of thousands of nice copies out there in used bins for less than $10, there is no reason for a Back To Black ORG 180 gram Remastered RTI Special Anniversary Edition repress.