MTS-Blink TOYPAJ

Diabretic, your retorts are the dumbest fucking things I have ever read. How many threads have you read where people are complaining about a $12-13 LP? None because it's totally reasonable.

And "everyone has to make money"? Really? Some of us labels actually care about music and bands and want to release something sustainable and affordable. Isn't the point of music being released so that as many people as possible can hear it? A $17 single LP does not accomplish any of those things.

It's just funny that you guys always have to stick up for labels like ETR and the others. If they weren't doing shitty things then no one would be saying things to them that people would need to defend them for.

Calm down, dude. You obviously care about this a lot more than me. I'm not a "kid" and i'm not retarded either. If having enough money to pay the asking price for a record and not caring makes me an idiot, then I guess i'm an idiot. You have your opinions, and obviously they differ from mine. I've never put a record out, and I don't know what all goes into it. $17 for a single LP is affordable for me, and if a record I want is that much i'll gladly pay that. Like I said before, you put out records I like, and so does ETR and that's all that matters me and my "don't give a shit attitude".

going back to the days of shopping for overprices cds at the wall, ive never understood how one packaged piece of music can cost anywhere from $1-9 more than something more or less equivalent.

why is this beyonce cd $13.99 if this beyonce cd is $16.99?

But the wall replaced your $19.99 CD for FREE if it got damaged! How could that be beat?! GIMME MOAR!

Anyway, 10:30, the other night, I go out in my yard, and there's

the RJ kid, looking up in the tree. I say, "What are

you looking for?" He says "I'm looking for my Blink 182 Records."

I say, "Jumping Jesus on a Pogo Stick. Everybody knows

that Travis Barker lives in a hole. In the ground. How the hell do you

think he looks so trashy with no effort 24/7, anyway?" Now Greymundos, do you

think a kid like that is going to know what the queers are

doing to the soil?

doing to the soil?

what even ???

doing to the soil?

what even ???

The Dead Milkmen dawg... if you don't know well then you're probably posting in a blink 182 thread.

doing to the soil?

A+

I have nothing to contribute to the problem at hand, and have been able to completly avoid this thread despite seeing every day for the last 9 months, unfortunately today my curiosity go the better of me and i checked the last couple pages to see what in the hell was going on, and fuck my life for i have sat here for the last 4 hours reading the whole damn thing. fuck you guys very much for sucking me into this shit cuz just when i was ready to give up all kinds of references started popping up and sucked me back in. in conclusion thanks alot....assholes!

Dammit... Now I have to see what the fucks up. This is me, about 4 hours in the future.

It's sad really. Kids are always talking about how much they love this band or that band and that they'd love their album to be on vinyl. Then someone like ETR comes along and presses it but does so in a shady way, sometimes without getting bands input or their blessing. The band feels wronged and kids have a "don't give a shit" attitude about a band they supposedly love, but now they have the album on vinyl, so who cares.

The trend of $15+ single LPs is amazing. There is no reason that a single LP should ever be above $15. All the new labels are doing it and kids happily pay it, which is insane. If none of you bought it, then they would be forced to lower the price.

Diabretic, your retorts are the dumbest fucking things I have ever read. How many threads have you read where people are complaining about a $12-13 LP? None because it's totally reasonable.

And "everyone has to make money"? Really? Some of us labels actually care about music and bands and want to release something sustainable and affordable. Isn't the point of music being released so that as many people as possible can hear it? A $17 single LP does not accomplish any of those things.

It's just funny that you guys always have to stick up for labels like ETR and the others. If they weren't doing shitty things then no one would be saying things to them that people would need to defend them for.

Alright, you're really getting on my fucking nerves. Your releases are $12 or $13, good for you. Like $2-$4 is some kind of huge difference between you and someone charging $15-$17.

Alright, you're really getting on my fucking nerves. Your releases are $12 or $13, good for you. Like $2-$4 is some kind of huge difference between you and someone charging $15-$17.

Considering that SST still charges 8.97 for a record, thats a pretty big difference, but thats just me playing devil's advocate.

Considering that SST still charges 8.97 for a record, thats a pretty big difference, but thats just me playing devil's advocate.

No, you're right. I want my vinyl as cheap as the next guy but I hardly think it's crazy or out of line to pay $15 for an album.

$13 vs $18 is a big difference to a lot of people. Not all of us have a ton of disposable income.

I could buy 3 $18 dollars records for $54 or I could buy 4 $13 for $52.

I get an extra record and I save two dollars. That's not a big difference?

I would say production cost could factor into the price difference as well. Who knows what him pays to license a record. Since I started pricing i notice a big difference in standard jackets and gatefold, for example. You could be making the same amount of money just his price per record is higher than yours

It's sad really. Kids are always talking about how much they love this band or that band and that they'd love their album to be on vinyl. Then someone like ETR comes along and presses it but does so in a shady way, sometimes without getting bands input or their blessing. The band feels wronged and kids have a "don't give a shit" attitude about a band they supposedly love, but now they have the album on vinyl, so who cares.

The trend of $15+ single LPs is amazing. There is no reason that a single LP should ever be above $15. All the new labels are doing it and kids happily pay it, which is insane. If none of you bought it, then they would be forced to lower the price.

Alright, you're really getting on my fucking nerves.

[image]