new tattoo appresh

SO AWESOME.  love it.  I bet you get "wow you have a half naked man on your leg" a lot though.  When I first got nausicaä everyone was like "so when the hair grows back, you'll have a hairy girl on your leg".

-______-

Thanks. I got that tattoo about 6 or 7 years ago. Now, both of my legs are completely covered. I think i've been getting both of my legs worked on now for the past 8 years. I think once the tattoo I have being worked on now is complete i'm going to take some time off from getting a tattoo.

Yeah kneecap isnt fun, i have the both sides of both of mine done and the parts the extent onto the top were definitely some of the most painful parts ive had tattooed.

Getting a kneecap tattoo is definitely on my list. Just out of curioisty as it's different for everyone, what other spots you considered worse than kneecap / or as painful?

I'm adding another image to back of my knee (kneeditch?) on Sunday. Last week I had the first part of the idea done and for me this was definitely the most annoying placement so far.

Getting a kneecap tattoo is definitely on my list. Just out of curioisty as it's different for everyone, what other spots you considered worse than kneecap / or as painful?

I'm adding another image to back of my knee (kneeditch?) on Sunday. Last week I had the first part of the idea done and for me this was definitely the most annoying placement so far.

i dont have the back of my knee done yet, but id say ribs, feet and armpit were worse. For me at least. My back is the only area i dont have tattooed yet.

I've been putting my knee off for a while. I just imagine it absolutely tans (hurts). Thoughts?  

Like you said, it's different for everyone and I didn't actually mind all that much on the knee. It didn't feel great, but was really manageable. It was pretty swollen afterwards, but otherwise not bad. Healed really quickly too.

I was the same way with my elbows and shins. Everyone told me how awful it would be, and ended up not being bad at all.

The spots for me that were absolutely brutal were my chest, neck and throat. I would do elbows and knees and everything else I have over again before doing the throat again.

i dont have the back of my knee done yet, but id say ribs, feet and armpit were worse. For me at least. My back is the only area i dont have tattooed yet.

I can't even imagine getting my armpit done. The very thought makes me break out in sweats and feel a sense of dread.

That's why this girl (to me) is tough as nails: I've seen this picture a bunch and every time just cringe at the thought of that much work in my pit.

shark_tatto.jpg

I can't even imagine getting my armpit done. The very thought makes me break out in sweats and feel a sense of dread.

That's why this girl (to me) is tough as nails: I've seen this picture a bunch and every time just cringe at the thought of that much work in my pit.

yeah its not fun

I used to be a huge Magic: The Gathering nerd when I was a boy, and for a while like I've considered the Time Walk guy on the back of my leg. Guy on the left with the clock face.

wlbk.jpgp

Hope that's not too big.

Otherwise, I've got the words 'Keep Going' on my forearm, I got it a long time ago when I was having a shitty time in life - lost car, lost job, about to lose home - and my friend was just getting into tattoos and offered me a free one as way of advertisement. It's crude, and she quit tattooing people about 8 months later, so it's kind of, uh, limited edition, but I still like it, it reminds me about the bullshit times and how they have unexpected consequences. I've also got part of the cover art from Black Moth Super Rainbow - Start A People on my front bicep, for lots of reasons, but the short version is I love that album and the feelings it gives me.

I used to be a huge Magic: The Gathering nerd when I was a boy, and for a while like I've considered the Time Walk guy on the back of my leg. Guy on the left with the clock face.

wlbk.jpgp

Hope that's not too big.

Otherwise, I've got the words 'Keep Going' on my forearm, I got it a long time ago when I was having a shitty time in life - lost car, lost job, about to lose home - and my friend was just getting into tattoos and offered me a free one as way of advertisement. It's crude, and she quit tattooing people about 8 months later, so it's kind of, uh, limited edition, but I still like it, it reminds me about the bullshit times and how they have unexpected consequences. I've also got part of the cover art from Black Moth Super Rainbow - Start A People on my front bicep, for lots of reasons, but the short version is I love that album and the feelings it gives me.

Damn that card was a game changer too bad it was banned along with the Black Lotus (add 3 mana any color)

I have my armpit done and the worst part was when they put the cleaning solution on at the end. I'm not saying it was cake, but any tattoo is manageable when you go into it psyching yourself up to have it be the worst thing you've ever felt. 

I also have both of my knees and shins done, and the worst part was my lower thigh. I sat through the knees and shins like a champ. Both of them were done at Safe House in Nashville, TN by Mike Sena (who is now tattooing in Arizona; badass dude). All of the guys gave me shit when I walked in because they were covered except for the knees, but it was again, surprisingly bearable (that spelling is throwing me off, but the squiggly lines didn't show up). 

I have a tattoo of an Apple Juice jug (because I was in a band called Apple Juice) on my side, and EFF ever finishing that. I would rather get my other armpit tattooed. The ribs are a tender, fickle beast.

Basically, I got my knees and armpits tattooed because a lot of guys that are covered don't have those parts covered. So I'm basically a reverse douche.

And that's just a joke before there's a shit storm of sleeved vinyl collectors calling me a dick. I plan on having my arms covered by age 30. Main reason: I won't follow through with that plan probably after the age of 30.