new tattoo appresh

thanks so much, guys! it was done by myles karr at three kings tattoo in brooklyn. his work is amazing. and he's such a nice guy and works super fast, too. a full 1/4 of my arm and it only took 2 1/2 hours. 

i can't wait to go back and get another one from him. already decided what i want, but can't decide where to put it...

Nice.  I'm waiting for an appointment there with Jason June.  They seem to have some of the best artists in the city.

I was totally thinking Myles Karr! My friend has a few tattoos by him. He definitely has a unique style.

You're too close, man! Also, what's this free thing going on??? More info, please.

Part of Brooklyn Vegan's CMJ showcase---venue tbd. Not sure about it being in Williamsburg. That's where they have been in the past but the venue they normally use is being remodeled. 

heh my next tat is gonna incorporate an anchor

what's with us chicks liking anchors so much

haha. i actually have a second anchor on my ribs that i got when Three Kings was doing free anchor tattoos for Sailor Jerry day a couple years back. definitely think 2 has to be the limit though...

I heard good things about 3 Kings

Nice.  I'm waiting for an appointment there with Jason June.  They seem to have some of the best artists in the city.

every artist there is pretty solid. it's definitely the shop that i recommend to people, especially first timers and those who don't know too much about tattoos (like my sister whose prior tattoos involved tribal and lower back butterflies). i'm pretty confident that no one is going to walk out of there with a bad tattoo. i've wanted to get something from annie lloyd for a while, but i know she just recently moved out to her own shop. jason june's work is sick too. what are you going to get done?

I was totally thinking Myles Karr! My friend has a few tattoos by him. He definitely has a unique style.

You're too close, man! Also, what's this free thing going on??? More info, please.

i love his style. it's so unique. you can really spot a myles tattoo pretty easily. he was working at bowery tattoo back when i got my second tattoo done there when i was 19. i remember seeing his portfolio and just falling in love with it. followed him since and 7 years later, i finally got something from him. 

Nice. Three Kings is just a few blocks away from me. Guys from Three Kings will be doing tattoos for free in Williamsburg on Friday and Saturday.

let's all get together and go! :)

haha. i actually have a second anchor on my ribs that i got when Three Kings was doing free anchor tattoos for Sailor Jerry day a couple years back. definitely think 2 has to be the limit though...

every artist there is pretty solid. it's definitely the shop that i recommend to people, especially first timers and those who don't know too much about tattoos (like my sister whose prior tattoos involved tribal and lower back butterflies). i'm pretty confident that no one is going to walk out of there with a bad tattoo. i've wanted to get something from annie lloyd for a while, but i know she just recently moved out to her own shop. jason june's work is sick too. what are you going to get done?

i love his style. it's so unique. you can really spot a myles tattoo pretty easily. he was working at bowery tattoo back when i got my second tattoo done there when i was 19. i remember seeing his portfolio and just falling in love with it. followed him since and 7 years later, i finally got something from him. 

let's all get together and go! :)

I will be there on Friday around 2:30---not sure about Saturday. I'm sure that you have to get there earlier to score a tattoo.

I'm getting an illustration of an old French director/actor, Jean Renoir, in a bear costume from a film called Rules of the Game.  I haven't heard from him in a couple weeks, so hopefully it's because he's booked solid, rather than no longer interested.

I may actually shoot for this free tattoo business.  Wonder if they'll post a flash sheet ahead of time.  

I'm getting an illustration of an old French director/actor, Jean Renoir, in a bear costume from a film called Rules of the Game.  I haven't heard from him in a couple weeks, so hopefully it's because he's booked solid, rather than no longer interested.

I may actually shoot for this free tattoo business.  Wonder if they'll post a flash sheet ahead of time.  

that's absolutely amazing. rules of the game is one of my all time favorite films. i can't wait to see how this turns out.

i keep trying to find more about the free tattoo thing this weekend. they've also been doing free tattoos at the dockers pop-up shop in soho, but i wasn't too into the designs they posted. depending on what the deal is for this weekend, i might check it out on saturday. 

that's absolutely amazing. rules of the game is one of my all time favorite films. i can't wait to see how this turns out.

i keep trying to find more about the free tattoo thing this weekend. they've also been doing free tattoos at the dockers pop-up shop in soho, but i wasn't too into the designs they posted. depending on what the deal is for this weekend, i might check it out on saturday. 

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2013/10/bv_cmj.html

I think this is it.

Free show! Free drinks! Free tattoos!

I saw the dockers thing too.  The thing on Sat is tied in with Sailor Jerry, so it's probably in that style.  Nevertheless, there are good bands playing.

UPDATE: Three Kings just posted the flash sheet.  I read that last year they had the options on a dart board, and people just got whatever they hit, ha.

tumblr_muu1cmB8RS1qbr14ko1_1280.jpg

Really, REALLY wanting to get this somewhere.  I'd like to get it on my calf or something but having probably the hairiest legs of anyone I know, I kinda feel like I can't get leg tattoos because when the hair grows back in you won't be able to really see the tattoo as much as I'd like.  I know I probably sound like I'm a fucking werewolf or something, but I promise I'm not.  It's more like... a few steps away.

calvin-and-hobbes-wagon.gif

I saw the dockers thing too.  The thing on Sat is tied in with Sailor Jerry, so it's probably in that style.  Nevertheless, there are good bands playing.

UPDATE: Three Kings just posted the flash sheet.  I read that last year they had the options on a dart board, and people just got whatever they hit, ha.

tumblr_muu1cmB8RS1qbr14ko1_1280.jpg

Did anyone get tattooed? I was there and it didn't look like it was too difficult in terms of having to wait. I didn't pull the trigger because I don't really have/love small tattoos and the only place they would ink the tattoo is on your arm. I really thought about the panther head on my wrist---maybe tomorrow.