new tattoo appresh

Anyone ever fuck around with stick n pokes? I know alot of people knock that shit for being unprofessional, but I think it has a lot of meaning to tattoo something personal on yourself, or have a really good friend tattoo something on you.

Great way to get a meaningful infection

Anyone ever fuck around with stick n pokes? I know alot of people knock that shit for being unprofessional, but I think it has a lot of meaning to tattoo something personal on yourself, or have a really good friend tattoo something on you. 

I recently got a stick n poke on my middle finger of a rat. They hold a lot of meaning to me. It was a lot more painful than expected but the outcome was rad and overall a great experience. I would look into a shop that does it, not from a friend. It's easy to get infected. I got mine done from Bryce at Death or Glory, rad dude.

Great way to get a meaningful infection

I've never had problems with them, nor have any of my friends. As long as you sterilize the needles and use the proper care you're fine. There's a tumblr dedicated to them I think. Some great work has been done, real detailed. 

I can't even imagine getting my armpit done. The very thought makes me break out in sweats and feel a sense of dread.

That's why this girl (to me) is tough as nails: I've seen this picture a bunch and every time just cringe at the thought of that much work in my pit.

shark_tatto.jpg

I was actually in the shop when this happened. Eric Michalovic of (at the time) Devine Street Tattoo. He tattoos out of Hawaii now. He did a ton of my work. That girl was covered. I think she lives in Charleston.

I was actually in the shop when this happened. Eric Michalovic of (at the time) Devine Street Tattoo. He tattoos out of Hawaii now. He did a ton of my work. That girl was covered. I think she lives in Charleston.

Damn, I'd have to inject lidocaine into my arm pits to ever consider it there. I'm ticklish as hell I'd imagine it's a pain there!

I have my chest and ribs done. Neither were very bad. I plan on getting my inner arm.. Bicep? Done soon, I heard that's a bitch

I've got some work done on both the bicep and the inner. Nothing too memorable for me... oh besides the tigers tale near my inner arm pit haha yea that was like my artist had gotten an x acto knife for the lines on that one, well I hate lines in general but a buddy of mine who has gotten work done from two different people including the same artist said he's heavy handed, which is good for me since the lines are all done really well. 

cbas.jpg

That's BMSR's Start A People,altered somewhat to have it on a piece of floating land. Some have said that little orange thing looks like a handle to an old-timey sword handle, some say it looks like a Sour Patch Kid. Whatever floats your boat. I always thought it looked like a weird teddy bear jumping rope. Anyway. My next plan is to have The Little Prince (from the French book) floating above the piece of land holding on to strings attached to flocks of wild birds, since that's how he traverses planets. Maybe you've heard the AJJ lyric.I know it's not ridiculously original, but.. I love that book.

I gotta say, though, the inner bicep closest to the armpit.... that was the worst tattoo pain I have felt. I used to be a bigger guy - mostly in middle school and early high school - and that has left stretch marks on my inner arms. Tattooing over stretch marks is basically tattooing over scars. No fun at all.

I've got some work done on both the bicep and the inner. Nothing too memorable for me... oh besides the tigers tale near my inner arm pit haha yea that was like my artist had gotten an x acto knife for the lines on that one, well I hate lines in general but a buddy of mine who has gotten work done from two different people including the same artist said he's heavy handed, which is good for me since the lines are all done really well. 

good to know! I need to get ripped now and get this shit done!!

Got my inner arm done today, every second of it sucked. Redid the outline, shaded, colored, and then put in the filler......no bueno, probably the worst thing I'll do in 2014.

I don't remember how badly this hurt---definitely not as much as my shins. This took five or six hours because it was done using the tebori method of tattooing.

arm_zps7b13e2cf.jpeg