new tattoo appresh

that is too cute for words.

when i got my inner wrist done, i about puked from the pain.

ill try not to tense up on the next one. 

Was that your first? I also feel theres this fake anticipation pain that's much worse than real pain. After 5 minutes of my first tattoo I was light headed and ready to pass out because of it.

Just how bad is the pain? Honestly describe it the best you can. I feel I can take it, but my wife is weak...

its the dulling, droning, repeating of the same area. its more of an annoyance.  just imagine like Shelbs said...scratching something over and over and over and over....but with a needle.

Was that your first? I also feel theres this fake anticipation pain that's much worse than real pain. After 5 minutes of my first tattoo I was light headed and ready to pass out because of it.

yeah. my first. i was so excited that it wasnt bad. he had on some johnny cash vinyl, my wife and her friends were there. i think he used the outline needle to fill since i had some thinner lines. 

others will feel like they're using razor blades to scratch the sunburn.

This is the worst part. I got thin white lines in at the end of my session and it felt like fucking fire.

cant decide where, hence my inner forearm question.

My inner forearm arm hurt, wanted it to be over almost as soon as it began, but I lived and would do it again. 

To me it feels like someone is taking a thumbtack and slowly dragging it through the top layers of your skin.  Slowly is relative, depending on who is tattooing you. I remember at first I was like "what a breeze" and then it felt like he kept dragging the needle through the same place over and over and over again.

The bone areas hurt the most for me, but I don't have too many areas covered.  When I was getting my right leg done, something with the way I was laying and her tattooing me caused my leg to like kick three random times at the beginning.  I was paranoid that I would fuck it all up but then it stopped ( i also don't know if my leg actually kicked or not ).

I had a "7" hour session ( with a bunch of breaks ) and it's because the guy tattooed really fucking slowly and talked way too much and you end up becoming numb to the pain.

tl;dr it's a fuckin breeze

As long as you don't clench your muscles the entire arm is a breeze really. Of course different types of people have different types of pain areas. I've had someone say the inner arm was the worst while their ribs were a breeze and I'm the opposite.

Over many sessions I've learned to go to appointments alone, don't tense up whatsoever (my pain felt like double whenever I caught myself clenching anything), and breathe steadily... holding my breath made me think about the pain more.

Very good advice.  This is pretty much what I do whenever I'm in the chair.  I have both my inner arms done (which were a breeze), and thinking about going chest/ribs soon.  

This is the worst part. I got thin white lines in at the end of my session and it felt like fucking fire.

Saaaaaaaame terrible experience here. After finishing the tusks on my ribs I'm all happy he's done and then he says "just gotta do the white accents on the cracks." Oman that was bad and the reasoning for that specific example.

bicep/shoulder hurt like hell. the whole time. i felt like a biiitch.

You should! Haha :P

The anticipation has gotten me through most of my work.

Still wasn't ready for my chest though.

Granted I'm an idiot and got that outlined after a three hour session of coloring the tops of my feet...

Man, the chest was so bad for me the way I took my breaks was getting my sleeve touched up because that felt good by comparison haha.

Man, the chest was so bad for me the way I took my breaks was getting my sleeve touched up because that felt good by comparison haha.

Yeah, I still need to color my chest and I'm thinking of working on it in small sections during breaks on other trips - don't mind it taking all that long.

Or I mean I could power through it and never go back.

Who knows.

But yeah - white's not fun. Really sucks as highlights because you're typically now going over whats raw from being worked on all day.

I found the left side of my leg on my latest tattoo to be most painful for me (more so than the the actual shin) because it kept making my leg twinge/spasm. Totally worth it, but it sucked at the time.

I think my next one is gonna be on my other shin as looking at the design it's too big to go on my skinny-ass arms.

Meteor_Logo_Art.jpg

I've been thinking about getting this on me for quite some time. Can't quite decide on placement though. I like the idea of shoulder, but I reckon it'll look a bit distorted.

though the location is seeming to become cliche, i'd say inner arm.