We are the Romans reissue?

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I preordered Cave In - White Silence from Amazon and it came through fine. But this seems like it's too limited of a run for any to be sent to Amazon...

Same here. Considering that was a HH release that is somewhat (emphasis on the somewhat) reassuring. I actually bought a couple copies of White Silence from them when I saw them at KrazyFest becuase I figured Amazon would drop the ball. And then they didn't. Oh well... More vinyl for me!

Either way you can't go wrong pre-ordering it from Amazon just as a back up. They won't charge you until something ships so if they don't end up getting any you won't be charged. There's really no downside to it besides the uncertainty.

Just wanted to mention that I didn't take any offense to it at all. Just a little confused what you were referring to. And I can understand the frustration with Amazon's vagueness, for what it's worth. At this point I'm just eager to find out if it'll go on sale in October, or if there'll be a scramble to pre-order before then.

On the topic of HH being a bunch of wankers... does anyone find it odd that they will limit how many copies of certain albums you can purchase in order to prevent eBay scalping (so they say). However, they have albums in their back catalog that they do not keep in print. Such as this one. And what's the end result? eBay scalping. Then on top of that they go and repress only 500 copies when they could probably sell quite a bit more than that. And only becuase "they had extra jackets around". Seriously?

So yeah like I said. HH = bunch of wankers.

Then on top of that they go and repress only 500 copies when they could probably sell quite a bit more than that. And only becuase "they had extra jackets around". Seriously?

I thought this was kinda fishy as well.

But when someone does this with a BLINK 182 release you guys all cream your pants

• 4 weeks later...

BOTCH - We Are the Romans

2xLP+2xCD

Release Date: October 25th, 2011

Pre-Order starting September 28th

We found about 450 empty jackets and inserts from the original pressing in our storage unit. We used the original plates to press vinyl for them. Available on Orange A/B + Blue C/D vinyl, and White/orange/blue haze A/B + Black/orange/blue C/D vinyl.

Unless you’ve been living under a rock that’s underneath another even bigger rock in a

cave in the middle of nowhere, you probably already know what’s up with this

milestone/motherfucker of an album. Initially released in the year two grand, Botch’s final

full-length was/is the kind of devastating metallic hardcore explosion that the term “metallic

hardcore” could/can only aspire to. In fact, these dudes nailed it so hard that the bands

that came afterward had to start calling themselves “metalcore” out of respect. And today,

it’s actually even worse: Ever since Botch went belly up back in 2002, there’s been a steady,

obnoxious stream of MTV2-jocking carpetbaggers that have ripped off our Sea-Tac boys

(currently and formerly members of esteemed rock outfits like Minus The Bear, These Arms

Are Snakes, Roy, Narrows and Russian Circles) riff for riff. We’d name names, but why

mess around with pretenders to the throne when you’re already in bed with the kings? Its

on 180g double vinyl for the first time since the album's initial release in y2k, and now also

includes the totally sweet double-compact disc edition from 2007 featuring the original

recording remastered plus bonus live tracks and the entire album in its hi-fidelity demo

version. We Are The Romans is bigger, better, and more Roman than ever.

“Selling Points”:

- This is it, the big one! Overstatement or hyperbole isn’t possible when describing how

critical this full length was to the progress of metallic hardcore. Along with pretty much

every band we have worked with in the past 10 years (you know what we are talking about...

Cave In, Converge, Coalesce, Knut), Botch took hardcore to unexplored realms.

- Presented here in its original 2xLP packaging and pressed from the original vinyl plates,

this repressing includes the 2007 remastered deluxe edition 2xCD as an added bonus. CD 1

features the remastered original record, while CD 2 contains several live tracks and nearly

every track from Romans in their never-before-heard live-in-the-studio demo-form. The

point we are trying to make is this thing is freakin’ awesome...