New Facebook Update

If I understand this correctly, apparently all your activity is visible in a newsfeed that is public to anyone on Facebook, or no? I'm seeing activity/comments posted by people that aren't my friends, so I can only assume so.

Tip: switching your language from English (US) to English (UK) hides the newsfeed.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mostly use Facedump via an app. I don't really care what happens to the desktop layout, I just don't want people that I don't know to be able to see what I say to mutual friends. I only add people I personally know and sometimes tell them private info via wall posts (like if I get a new phone number or email address, my wiener size, ect.). Plus I don't need people from work to see that I'm inviting certain coworkers over for marijuana and key-parties.

[image]

The feed seems to get better as the day goes on. However, the thing on the right is rather annoying and useless IMO.

I'm with ya on that. But I'd rather see the "so-and-so is now friends with so-and-so" and inane bullshit in that scrolling box at the top right than on the actual feed.

I've only recently built a facebook page at the request of some of my customers but I haven't noticed anything different... but then I don't use it much... nor do I use Iphones, text or chat much.

I'd have to find my reading glasses to do that.

:^p

All I use my facewhatever page for... is to announce new arrivals and present information about my mission statement as a record shop, location, etc... promtional activities.

I've linked to lots of cool, obscure youtube videos, and that seems to be "liked"

I wouldn't have built a facebook page if my customers wouldn't have requested it...

but I don't mind admitting I'm glad my customers seem to like it.

Whatever makes them happy is just freakin peachy, to me.

Sorry to hear the regulars don't like the new facebook.

I guess I don't follow them closely enough to have noticed.

:^/

every fucking time they change ANYTHING people go goddamn ballistic.

oh my god but now how am i supposed to see chelseas hourly updates of her baby? or kristins constant posts about whats happening across the town?

oh.. you mean its all still there in the very same place, just with a couple different lines and colors in the way? MUTINY!!!!!!

I've only recently built a facebook page at the request of some of my customers but I haven't noticed anything different... but then I don't use it much... nor do I use Iphones, text or chat much.

All I use my facewhatever page for... is to announce new arrivals and present information about my mission statement as a record shop, location, etc... promtional activities.

I've linked to lots of cool, obscure youtube videos, and that seems to be "liked"

I wouldn't have built a facebook page if my customers wouldn't have requested it...

[image]

[image]

+1