Alkaline Trio Agony & Irony sound like crap?

Hey!

I just bought this record. It's been a favorite of mine for ages and when I saw a copy on 180g I couldn't resist.

I've noticed though that it's got a slight warp and it plays really really really quiet. Kinda suprising since the CD sounds like its produced really well.

Is this normal for this pressing? Pretty dissapointing.

Hey!

I just bought this record. It's been a favorite of mine for ages and when I saw a copy on 180g I couldn't resist.

I've noticed though that it's got a slight warp and it plays really really really quiet. Kinda suprising since the CD sounds like its produced really well.

Is this normal for this pressing? Pretty dissapointing.

I agree with you, I remember it sounding even worse than most albums do these days.

Honestly and this isn't against the album as a whole but I felt like the overall production of the record was absolute crap regardless of what format you listen to it on be it CD, MP3 or vinyl. The producer made Matt Skibas voice even more shrill and ear piercing then normal and basically at least for me made the album unlistenable even though I feel like its got some decent songs on it.