cedric the entertainer

claire danes

john smoltz

derek jeter

charles barkley

alan thicke

mia hamm & brandi chastaine

nick swardson

chris robinson (his manager gave me a one hitter they were using in his bus, still have it)

tom and warren from against me

riverboat gamblers (did shots with them before a show)

brett hull

darren mccarty & kris draper (red wings)

greg jennings (WR for the packers, i went to college with him)

and if anyone watches TNA wrestling (i don't) i went to high school with "Chris Sabin".

there are probably more, these are who come to immediate mind. i got to meet a lot of these people through working concert security and working at the michael jordan golf tourny.

besides bands, i think i've only met hockey players. there's been quite a few big name actors around town when they're filming close by but i've never seen them in person.

i ever saw chuck noris on my flight from london to bangkok on 2005.

and i ever met chris martin (coldplay) and his star wife (i'm lazy for search how her name spell,sorry) at cd shop in thailand on 2006.

they visited thailand for their honeymoon and nobody included my girlfriend believe i saw 'em when i call to tell.

anyway,they just beleive when they saw chris martin and gwynnette (am i spell correct ?) pic at thai royal palace on a newspaper after they already backed....

Andre Rison(not really famous anymore, but Left eye burnt down his house if that means anything)

John Smoltz(while voting in 2004)

Andruw Jones(in a waffle house the day before thanksgiving '03)

Dave Raun and Joey Cape

Kris Roe and the fat bassist from Ataris

Bam Margera(i used to work at tower records in philly and he was always in there, along with dunn and jesse and april and phil.)

Dicky Barrett(he was at some random ska show in atlanta like 8 years ago.)

Tim Barry(a lot of times)+the rest of avail

Lou and Pete Koeller(at the atlanta airport)

Andrew Toney(the boston strangler)

Got a Hug from Davey Havok once-Was in the pit for ensign and he came up to me and said, "i always wanted to hug a big sweaty bald guy. That was 11 years ago, and I've been scarred ever since.

Bruce Campbell (got kicked off the football team for this one)

Kris from the Ataris

Mike V. (and the rest of Revolution Mother)

Jim Boeheim (Syracuse University men's basketball coach)

Against Me

Claudio Sanchez

Ed from Taking Back Sunday

Why did you get kicked off the team?

I missed a few practices and the coach told me if i missed one more, i was off the team. The same day, I found out Bruce Campbell was doing a book signing (This was back when his first one came out), so I opted to go to the signing instead of practice. I came back the next day to find my locker cleaned out. The best decision i ever made in my opinion

i ever saw chuck noris on my flight from london to bangkok on 2005.

and i ever met chris martin (coldplay) and his star wife (i'm lazy for search how her name spell,sorry) at cd shop in thailand on 2006.

they visited thailand for their honeymoon and nobody included my girlfriend believe i saw 'em when i call to tell.

anyway,they just beleive when they saw chris martin and gwynnette (am i spell correct ?) pic at thai royal palace on a newspaper after they already backed....

Gwyneth Paltrow is her name. And that's crazy they were just CD-shopping in Thailand, of all places! Did you talk to them at all or just watch them?

Guest genericinsight

I will get shit for saying this but I don't count people in bands (i.e. bands within this music scene that we listen to) as "famous". To me, being famous implies that almost everyone you know will know exactly who you're talking about as soon as you bring them up. It implies a sense of celebrity as in, if you meet them once the odds of you ever meeting them again will never happen and the odds of them remembering you will be even slimmer. I never liked this whole mentality of when you list the "famous" people you meet, you rattle off a list of people in bands. It doesn't make sense to me, especially if all you did was tell a certain band member "Hey, good set tonight" and maybe shake their hands for two seconds after said band just finished playing... that hardly counts as "meeting". It's not like these people are unapproachable for the most part.

now that I'm done/off my high horse, here's my very short list:

Scarlett Johanson (very briefly I was introduced to her in 2003 and this was before she blew up as an actress... apparently she at one point was dating someone in a band that was/is on Drive Thru Records and considering an old friend of mine plays in said band, it just happened that she was at a show of theirs once. I still can't get over it)

Kevin Kline (he happened to wander into my mom's store in Manhattan once last year when I was there, I got the guts to go up to him and tell him I dug his movies)

that's it. My "celebrity sightings" list is way larger than who I actually have met. Living in NYC has it's benefits sometimes.

Guest genericinsight

OH CRAP. I forgot the most important famous person of all:

RON JEREMY.

I have a picture with him on my Myspace page that a number of my friends still don't think is real... but it's very real.

I used to work at a movie theater so we had a bunch of people.

Adam Sandler was real cool.

Rosey o'donald is really ugly in real life

Kanye West. I didn't even know it was him at first.

Berry Pepper. I didn't really talk to him.

phillip noyce(guy who directed Clear and Present Danger). Total douche bag.

Jerry Bruckheimer was just strange.

Al Gore

I know there were more but I can't remember.

Oh the two directors of Little Miss Sunshine were super funny.

I used to work at a movie theater so we had a bunch of people.

Adam Sandler was real cool.

Rosey o'donald is really ugly in real life

Kanye West. I didn't even know it was him at first.

Berry Pepper. I didn't really talk to him.

phillip noyce(guy who directed Clear and Present Danger). Total douche bag.

Jerry Bruckheimer was just strange.

Al Gore

I know there were more but I can't remember.

Oh the two directors of Little Miss Sunshine were super funny.

Dude...I used to work at a movie theater, and no one cool ever came in.