Occupy Wall Street

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44775365/ns/politics-more_politics/

bets on what this possible new political party/movement will be called?

Hopefully nothing. The Tea Party is an abomination, viewed unfavorably by a large majority of the country. The last thing we need is an equivalent on the Left.

• 1 month later...

Hopefully they will realize that this movement is supposed to be more about problems with our economic and political system and less about an encampment. Real change isn't going happen at Zuccoti Park, and its gonna take way more then tents and some drumming. Hopefully its the start of an actual organized movement.

I don't understand why this movement isn't camping out in front of Congress. Congress makes the laws that allow the Wall Street folks to do business as they do. Change the laws and you'll change the way Wall Streetworks.

Theyre.going after.the organ grinder rather than the monkey.

I don't understand why this movement isn't camping out in front of Congress. Congress makes the laws that allow the Wall Street folks to do business as they do. Change the laws and you'll change the way Wall Streetworks.

It's stupid. Picketing on Wall Street will not make a difference. The only change in how the industry works comes from Congress. And now there are so many loons and anti-capitalist idiots running around OWS that the message becomes garbled.

It's stupid. Picketing on Wall Street will not make a difference. The only change in how the industry works comes from Congress. And now there are so many loons and anti-capitalist idiots running around OWS that the message becomes garbled.

That's unfortunate. Because Congress is probably worse than the folks on Wall Street in terms of unethical behavior.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/outrage-day-insider-trading-congress-170308910.html

Until every single member of congress and the house of representatives are replaced this will just continue. And I could honestly give two sh*ts about what party they belong too. They'll all crooks. Sadly, I don't see this happening any time soon.

I went to OWS in NYC this weekend for about 1 hour on saturday. saw 3 or 4 people get arrested. didnt go into the park, it was completely fenced in except for an entrance we never saw because of the arrests getting in our way. not as many people as I thought there were at the park, not sure if it was because it was early evening and they were about to be kicked out, or if it was because a number of them were off marching to DC as I read later that night. either way, it wasnt exactly what I was thinking it was going to be...

completely side note, the tower construction was incredible. the buildings look amazing, and I cannot wait to see them all finished

Yeah, but we have a bought Congress. The only way to truly change things is to get rid of lobbyists.