What's your vinyl ''Holy Grail''?

^^ i can't see that popping up, even here in MN. :(

isn't this the White Whale thread all over again?

mine would be the Far "Boring Life" 7". i've seen it on ebay, i just haven't caved on it and it's never on there when i actually search for it now. my friend owns it and i should just steal his copy one of these days. i can't even google a picture of it, since the Far fan site turned into a Far reunion site and doesn't have any content anymore. :(

^^ i can't see that popping up, even here in MN. :(

isn't this the White Whale thread all over again?

mine would be the Far "Boring Life" 7". i've seen it on ebay, i just haven't caved on it and it's never on there when i actually search for it now. my friend owns it and i should just steal his copy one of these days. i can't even google a picture of it, since the Far fan site turned into a Far reunion site and doesn't have any content anymore. :(

much to the dismay of those who criticize people who are seeking newer records...

glassjaw - all good junkies go to heaven 7"

because it KILLS me having only 4 out of the 5

i have all 5 if that makes you feel any better

warms the shit out of my cockles.

last junkies i saw on ebay went for 100+

i've pretty much given up hope on that one at this point.

much to the dismay of those who criticize people who are seeking newer records...

glassjaw - all good junkies go to heaven 7"

because it KILLS me having only 4 out of the 5

i have all 5 if that makes you feel any better

warms the shit out of my cockles.

last junkies i saw on ebay went for 100+

i've pretty much given up hope on that one at this point.

Find me these and I'll buy them in a minute.

The Cure - Close to Me 7" (US stock copy)

Deee-lite - Groove is in the Heart 7" (US "reissue" is the only US issue)

Weird Al Yankovic - Off the Deep End LP

First two are probably just scarce because they aren't worth much. The LP is crazy rare, though.

I swear I can find that Dee-Lite record. Let me get back to you on that.

It's on Elektra's 'Spun Gold' label. Looks like this:

http://www.vinylearcher.com/items/17/2016734960/simply-red/money-too-tight.aspx

Find me these and I'll buy them in a minute.

The Cure - Close to Me 7" (US stock copy)

Deee-lite - Groove is in the Heart 7" (US "reissue" is the only US issue)

Weird Al Yankovic - Off the Deep End LP

First two are probably just scarce because they aren't worth much. The LP is crazy rare, though.

I swear I can find that Dee-Lite record. Let me get back to you on that.

It's on Elektra's 'Spun Gold' label. Looks like this:

http://www.vinylearcher.com/items/17/2016734960/simply-red/money-too-tight.aspx

the closest I have to all of that is a Mortal/Poor Old Lu 7" which *would* be a holy grail if I hadn't found it on a fluke not knowing it even existed.

In related grailish news, mine is the Rose Blossom Punch "Par Avion" 7". Never actually seen a copy, but supposedly it exists.

Every time you post, I see that 7" in yr sig and I always wonder about it. I loved RBP (the best post Lu project of either Sprinkle brother in my opinion) and would love to have a copy of that 7" though if (and that's an if bordering on never) I came across a copy, I'd hand it over to you since I wouldn't have known about it otherwise. I just got sold a copy of Sin by POL which definitely falls into Grail territory for me since I find it impossible that these bands were being pressed on anything other than cd or tape.

Here's another possibly non-existant grail as well. From POL's Wiki:

'Note: An insert in A Picture of the Eighth Wonder lists for sale a box set of three 2-sided, limited edition 7" vinyl records with Poor Old Lu on one side of one of the records b/w Chaos is the Poetry. Verification of the existence of such a record has proved difficult.'

the closest I have to all of that is a Mortal/Poor Old Lu 7" which *would* be a holy grail if I hadn't found it on a fluke not knowing it even existed.

In related grailish news, mine is the Rose Blossom Punch "Par Avion" 7". Never actually seen a copy, but supposedly it exists.

Every time you post, I see that 7" in yr sig and I always wonder about it. I loved RBP (the best post Lu project of either Sprinkle brother in my opinion) and would love to have a copy of that 7" though if (and that's an if bordering on never) I came across a copy, I'd hand it over to you since I wouldn't have known about it otherwise. I just got sold a copy of Sin by POL which definitely falls into Grail territory for me since I find it impossible that these bands were being pressed on anything other than cd or tape.

Here's another possibly non-existant grail as well. From POL's Wiki:

'Note: An insert in A Picture of the Eighth Wonder lists for sale a box set of three 2-sided, limited edition 7" vinyl records with Poor Old Lu on one side of one of the records b/w Chaos is the Poetry. Verification of the existence of such a record has proved difficult.'

Manic Street Preachers - Suicide Alley

[image]

With sleeve, /200

[image]

Or without sleeve, preferably with the review clippings, /100 (review clippings are not on all copies, and the one that has a picture readily available of it doesn't. I can see if I can find the one that was actually sold recently)

edit: there's one on the bay with the sleeve, but it's always ridiculously expensive. Currently, this one is listed for 1350 GBP (or an ebay estimated $2,108.30). They go for less when they're a regular auction listing, but since I can't afford a copy, I haven't been looking on ebay for one.

Manic Street Preachers - Suicide Alley

[image]

With sleeve, /200

[image]

Or without sleeve, preferably with the review clippings, /100 (review clippings are not on all copies, and the one that has a picture readily available of it doesn't. I can see if I can find the one that was actually sold recently)

edit: there's one on the bay with the sleeve, but it's always ridiculously expensive. Currently, this one is listed for 1350 GBP (or an ebay estimated $2,108.30). They go for less when they're a regular auction listing, but since I can't afford a copy, I haven't been looking on ebay for one.