What's your vinyl ''Holy Grail''?

I thought id never see John Frusciantes Estrus EP 7" but its popped up a few times recently on ebay... going for about $500... so that was my Holy Grail and then i saw this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JOHN-FRUSCIANTE-TEST-PRESSING-ESTRUS-SINGLE-SFTSYH-1997-rare-/260880290179?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3cbdad5183 test press up on ebay with a starting bid of$500... i almost shat. We'll never see this again! Shes looks tired and worn out but still way outta my league!

To add to the list, The Chariot - 7" black test press

I talked to Good Fight and there is only one test press of that 7". I've begged them for it and they said no. Haha

They told me that there was more than one, but I did the same thing, lol

It looked so good on black too, and I'm a sucker for large hole 45s

Ninety Pound Wuss - Hierarchy Of Snakes. I guess it was limited to 1000. I know I've never seen one on ebay. Would pay more for this than anything else I can think of.

I soent ten minutes looking around for this last night after seeing you mention it - was this wver pressed to vinyl or was it just CD?

A genuine first pressing of "Sweet Children" would be it for me.

They pop up on eBay from time to time but are always like $200. and that's not that much for the acquisition of one's holy grail. Just that whole "spending $200 on a fuckin' record" thing sets in and I can't do it.

a few years back there was a red pressing for a BIN for only 30 bucks...sat on it for a few days and was a minute to late. hate thinking about it this day

[image]

I'd also like to find this Hazel/Ovarian Trolley split. I'm gradually making inroads into Hazel's discography and know that if any record will cause me trouble, it'll be this one. Rarely see it, and it's usually steep enough.

Just managed to get my hands on this, and for not a lot of money, happy days :)

Current "holy grail" for me would be: the blood brothers - crimes screen printed version out of 20. Saw one a couple years back and passed on it. Kick myself for doing that.

What was the out of 20 version? Because I have a screened version of this, but I don't recall it being out of 20. Mine is out of 333.

Current "holy grail" for me would be: the blood brothers - crimes screen printed version out of 20. Saw one a couple years back and passed on it. Kick myself for doing that.

What was the out of 20 version? Because I have a screened version of this, but I don't recall it being out of 20. Mine is out of 333.

Yeah apparently the first 20 of the run were printed differently. And its no longer my holy grail, I just snagged a #2 earlier in the week. :)

Nice job on the Blood Brothers find. My holy grail would be the Five Iron Frenzy 7"s they put out before i got into them. They do pop up from time to time, though, so i should be able to grab them at some point.

Nice job on the Blood Brothers find. My holy grail would be the Five Iron Frenzy 7"s they put out before i got into them. They do pop up from time to time, though, so i should be able to grab them at some point.

Found two of them in random 50 cent bins - keeping an eye out for additional copies for some folks on this board. Will definitely keep you in mind - if I find any in that same bin, I'll just ask for the 50 cents back plus shipping.

top of my list would be

melvins-electroretard test pressing on mans ruin.

they never did a proper run so only a couple of test pressings exist. less than 10 i believe.

also quite hard to find are

brainiac- bonsai superstar

and

unsane - scattered smothered and covered

but there is at least some hope in me finding them.

Ninety Pound Wuss - Hierarchy Of Snakes. I guess it was limited to 1000. I know I've never seen one on ebay. Would pay more for this than anything else I can think of.

I soent ten minutes looking around for this last night after seeing you mention it - was this wver pressed to vinyl or was it just CD?

I was under the impression it was a vinyl release because I think wikipedia used the word "pressed." in describing how many were made. I guess now that you mention it, it could've been cd only. I'm not sure, but it would be cool if someone knew for sure.

[image]

I'd also like to find this Hazel/Ovarian Trolley split. I'm gradually making inroads into Hazel's discography and know that if any record will cause me trouble, it'll be this one. Rarely see it, and it's usually steep enough.

Just managed to get my hands on this, and for not a lot of money, happy days :)

Weird, wasn't even aware of that record existing. If it was recorded in 1997 (or thereabouts) I'd REALLY like to hear that track. Any chance you'd be willing to rip it? I have rips of the Ariana EP and all the other 7"s besides J Hell. Would be glad to trade!