Smashing Pumpkins

Wrote them an email. Expecting a weak response. Or a "soarry" since it's Amazon Canada.

Received a canned response. Will update if any changes occur:

Hello from Amazon.ca.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience that may have caused you.

I have reported this issue to our inventory and marketing team and they're currently working on it, and it'll take a bit more time than usual.

I just wanted to let you know I'll write back in 3 business days with more information.

Again, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced and express our gratitude for the patience you've displayed thus far.

Thanks for giving me time to find the best solution.

Just wrote them a nasty email to see if they respond or if I'll just get the same canned response.

On a side note, I saw James Iha play a solo show in Chicago last night and he played "Mayonnaise" with Scott Lucas from Local H on bass. I'm not a huge fan of his solo work, but it was a very enjoyable show.

I contacted them via chat this morning and got the same answer.

Velmurugan:

We already reported this issue to our inventory and marketing team and they informed that they're currently working on it for the price details, and it'll take a bit more time than usual.

I just wanted to let you know I'll write back in 3 business days via e-mail with more information.

I honestly don't understand people who get upset over canceled orders like this. They clearly made a mistake in their pricing, selling something for about $30-40 less than they are paying.

I could see this argument if it was up once, for a short-time at that price, but they listed the product more than once at that price. It wasn't a short-term goof-up.

And I wouldn't be so upset if they came out and said something like "This was an error or technical problem with our pricing, and we can not offer the product at this price." But instead, they lie and say "They can't get any." and a couple days later it's on the site at a higher price. It's bullshit business.

I honestly don't understand people who get upset over canceled orders like this. They clearly made a mistake in their pricing, selling something for about $30-40 less than they are paying.

I believe people are angry because of the dishonesty. Amazon claimed they could not fulfill the orders due to their inability to obtain the item. They should have been upfront and acknowledged it was a pricing error.

I believe people are angry because of the dishonesty. Amazon claimed they could not fulfill the orders due to their inability to obtain the item. They should have been upfront and acknowledged it was a pricing error.

'Big Business' being dishonest? Completely unheard of.

If I remember correctly, there was an original time it was at that price, then it went up, then back down again - I remember getting mine the original time it went up and a friend of mine got his the 2nd time and his was canceled.

I ordered during that first period, and my order was canceled. Not sure if there is any rhyme or reason to this. A little frustrating.

If I remember correctly, there was an original time it was at that price, then it went up, then back down again - I remember getting mine the original time it went up and a friend of mine got his the 2nd time and his was canceled.

i also ordered during the first price drop and my order was cancelled.