Smashing Pumpkins

"Hello from Amazon.ca,

I need to look into the problem with the price increased for the item "Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness (Deluxe Box)", and it'll take a bit more time than usual.

I just wanted to let you know I'll write back in 1-2 business days with more information.

Thanks for giving me time to find the best solution."

"Hello,

We're contacting you about your order #xxx for "Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness (Vinyl)." Unfortunately, we recently canceled your order in error. We're very sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

We have a limited number of this box set available for purchase. If you'd still like to purchase Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness (Vinyl), you may order up to 1 copy on our website. To purchase the item at the original price of $26.99, please follow these steps:

1. Go to the detail page for "Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness (Vinyl)" ( http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B008Z9L94O ).

2. Click "Add to cart."

3. Proceed to checkout.

4. When you're asked you to select a payment method, look for "Do you have a Gift Certificate or Promotional Claim code?" and enter xxx in the space provided.

5. Continue through checkout to place your order.

Again, we're very sorry for the inconvenience this causes. We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

Amazon.ca"

copped my copy once again.

You guys need to stop whining. It was an obvious mistake that you hoped to take advantage of, they figured it out and changed it to the normal price. Is it their fault this box set is pricey? It still is cheaper on amazon than any other site .

Hard to believe it was much of a mistake.... When they listed it on Amazon, it started out at $80 or $90 bucks. So they knew the list price. It dropped down to $26 and then back up to $70 or so and then down again to $26 a second time.

Regardless, it is a class move for Amazon to step up and honour their price guarantee. I am going to forgive them for sending this in a 2 cubic foot box (beware anybody who hasn't had stuff shipped from Amazon Canada)