VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

They could've had an angle where DB refused to hand over the belts. The MITB is still for the championship, but when DBry is healthy, he could argue he's the true champ. Then he would face the winner of the MITB match at SS to crown an Undisputed Champ.

UFC does this a lot when the champ is out due to injury.

I just think stripping him is lazy

They could've had an angle where DB refused to hand over the belts. The MITB is still for the championship, but when DBry is healthy, he could argue he's the true champ. Then he would face the winner of the MITB match at SS to crown an Undisputed Champ.

UFC does this a lot when the champ is out due to injury.

I just think stripping him is lazy

It is what they have done for over 50 years, why is D Bry any different? If this was Cena, everyone would be complaining that he isnt handing it over.

It is what they have done for over 50 years, why is D Bry any different? If this was Cena, everyone would be complaining that he isnt handing it over.

D Bry is the most OVER superstar other than Cena since The Rock/SCSA. Why let an injury halt his momentum. That's what they pay these writers for. Be creative!

But it's not Cena, and WWE has never been accused of continuity 

When it comes to defending the titles though, they have always done it. Sometimes it might just be house shows, but if anyone has ever been injured for more than 30 days they strip the title of them. They gave him a ppv off to see if he could be back in time, and he isnt, and talk is it is worse than they thought. Why let him keep it and go into three ppvs with no champion at all? Just because you like the guy isnt a reason to throw the rules out.

On that note, I really like the MitB gimmick, and am more upset about not having that than Bryan giving up the title. (Bryan works better as a chaser of the belt, in my opinion but am psyched he got it at mania...besides the point)

I've been watching again since mid 2010, and two of my favorite moments since watching as an adult have been MitB cash ins.

When the Miz cashed in, it was incredible. I watched that dude on the real world years earlier. I missed all the shitty weird Miz stuff and started watching wrestling again right around the time he cut that sick US Title promo on MVP. It was incredible to watch a dude live his dream.

And last year's Ziggler cash in was fucking unreal.

Bummer it looks like we won't get a moment like those anytime soon.

Pretty sure Punk didn't defend for over 30 days when he was injured during his long run.

Anybody wanna confirm this?

During Punks run he only didn't defend the title at one ppv (TLC 2012).  I'm pretty sure he was only out for a couple of weeks.

With Daniel Bryan MiTB would have been the second consecutive PPV where we was unable to defend the title.  It sucks that they stripped him of it, but they probably had no other choice.  With only one major title left, they need to be able to showcase that at the PPVs.  I'm sure once Bryan is back on his feet and cleared to compete he'll win the title back.

On that note, I really like the MitB gimmick, and am more upset about not having that than Bryan giving up the title. (Bryan works better as a chaser of the belt, in my opinion but am psyched he got it at mania...besides the point)

I'm really hoping they still announce a standard briefcase MitB match. That way we still get 2 MitB style ladder matches, even though there is only one belt and there is still the fun of not knowing when the briefcase will be cashed in.

I feel like they're going to put the title on a heel for when D-Bry comes back to win the title. I can see Kane, Orton, or Triple H being high choices for the title. Maybe Rollins since he joined Evolution? Or I could see Cena getting the belt and him being defeated again by Bryan. Of course, this is all just my opinion

I like the idea of two ladder matches, one for the winners of the qualifiers for the belt and the other for the losers of the qualifiers. Belt goes on a heel, like Orton, while near the end of the MITB ladder match, Brian runs from out of nowhere, grabs the briefcase, and runs off with it.

Cut to SummerSlam, Brian still not able to compete. Orton has a match against someone and retains. At the end of SS, Brian cashes in. EVERYTHING COMES FULL CIRCLE!

I like the idea of two ladder matches, one for the winners of the qualifiers for the belt and the other for the losers of the qualifiers. Belt goes on a heel, like Orton, while near the end of the MITB ladder match, Brian runs from out of nowhere, grabs the briefcase, and runs off with it.

Cut to SummerSlam, Brian still not able to compete. Orton has a match against someone and retains. At the end of SS, Brian cashes in. EVERYTHING COMES FULL CIRCLE!

I like it

During Punks run he only didn't defend the title at one ppv (TLC 2012). I'm pretty sure he was only out for a couple of weeks.

With Daniel Bryan MiTB would have been the second consecutive PPV where we was unable to defend the title. It sucks that they stripped him of it, but they probably had no other choice. With only one major title left, they need to be able to showcase that at the PPVs. I'm sure once Bryan is back on his feet and cleared to compete he'll win the title back.

I was really digging the idea of Bryan/Lesnar. Hope this injury isn't too much of a detour from that.

I've been watching again since mid 2010, and two of my favorite moments since watching as an adult have been MitB cash ins.

When the Miz cashed in, it was incredible. I watched that dude on the real world years earlier. I missed all the shitty weird Miz stuff and started watching wrestling again right around the time he cut that sick US Title promo on MVP. It was incredible to watch a dude live his dream.

And last year's Ziggler cash in was fucking unreal.

Bummer it looks like we won't get a moment like those anytime soon.

The Sandow cash-in match this year was awesome. Too bad he fell off the face of the earth since then.

I hope they do the two ladder matches, MITB is hands down my favorite, and I was bummed when they switched to just having one a year. Im not holding my breath on the championship one as it will end up being Cena or Orton I feel.

Also, how have I not seen any complaining about Cena teaming with The Shield last night? I get common enemy, but Cena never should have stepped in for them.

I hope they do the two ladder matches, MITB is hands down my favorite, and I was bummed when they switched to just having one a year. Im not holding my breath on the championship one as it will end up being Cena or Orton I feel.

Also, how have I not seen any complaining about Cena teaming with The Shield last night? I get common enemy, but Cena never should have stepped in for them.

It didn't bother me due to me secretly hoping he'd join the shield haha