The Bluths are back.

i think i would prefer another season

once michael signed on to produce a movie about the bluths, i got the impression that the rest of the season was going to build towards writing *the* movie.

There is so much unanswered right now, it really did feel like nothing but a big buildup. Was waiting for the big payoff and that never happened.

Holy shit! This is even funnier the second time you watch it.

While I would love anything AD related, I am a little skeptical of it becoming a movie. I think it works really well as series & I can't think of a tv show that became a movie & lived up to the expectations (or vice-versa). With a movie, there seems to be a lot of pressure to make it something even bigger than it is, or has to be. With that said, if anyone can do it, it would be these guys.

The entirety of his involvement was the only thing I disliked from the new season.

The flashback scenes were the worst. The lady playing Kitty made me cringe.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-complete-fourth-season,98241/

I really, really like this review. Agree with most of it. Some of the comments are helping me appreciate some parts (specifically Michael's transformation) a little more, but as a whole this review is what I think.

I used to really like Todd's writing. But he's gotten really far up his own ass lately. And this is only a minor thing, but a lot of the time it's hard to reconcile the letter grade he gives things with what he actually says about it in the review. Like, it sounds like he should have given this around a C/C+ given what he said in the review, but gave it a B to probably placate the readers to some degree.

And about the show. I love Lucille's reaction every time Gene Parmesan reveals himself. It's pure elation.

Thanks for the link, I think I generally agree with him. I'd probably give S4 a C+, relative to the rest of the series, not all comedic television, if that makes sense.

I'll watch again because I think in a way this season might be "smarter" and certainly more ambitious. I don't find it funnier, but I like it.

everything involving oscar and george sr (past and present) fell flat. i kind of dozed during their episodes on the first watch, but assumed that was just me being hungover on little sleep. on the second go, and having read that article, i'm realizing that it's just more likely that i'm bored by their characters. 

it's probably because oscar spending most of the movie pretending to be george sr basically left us with two george sr's mucking up the works.