Official RSD 2012 information/releases thread

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The math sheet EP? :P That would be insane.

As cool as that EP is, the production is awful. I couldn't see that it'd come out that great tbh. Still, would be cool to have.

I personally think it's S/T remixed and remastered. Dallas said in Germany last yr that it was going to be redone at some point, and even said to me as far back as 2009 that they were hoping to have it redone at some point.

Added a New thread with more details / images but heres our "list"

ALEXISONFIRE "MATH SHEETS DEMO" - 10"

ATTACK IN BLACK "MARRIAGE (DELUXE)" - 12" + 10"

MONEEN "THE RED TREE (DELUXE)" - 2x12" + 7"

WOOL "LUNAR MOMENTO • LOST RANCHO SESSION 1" - 12" + 7"

MONSTER TRUCK / DZ DEATHRAYS "SPLIT" - 7"

THE CIVIL WARS "LIVE AT AMOEBA - EP" - CD

What's the deal with the Red Tree? What's on the 7-inch?

red tree vinyl has been updated to include 2 extra tracks and the bonus 7" has two unreleased songs.

Is that in addition to "His Own Anomaly" or including "His Own Anomaly"? And I'm assuming one of the other bonus tracks is the hidden track on the CD version, too...

More details on this, please! This is one of my all-time favorite records. I can't even count how many times I've almost talked myself into getting the lyrics from the second half of "The Day No One Needed To Know" on my body.

Third Man Records items for Record Store Day:

www.modlife.com/thirdmanrecords

The White Stripes

Hand Springs w/ Red Death at 6:14

Limited to red/black swirl vinyl for Record Store Day

Continuing in the mission of reissuing the nuggets of the White Stripes’ back catalog, Third Man plays Dr. Frankenstein/matchmaker to two stand-alone songs from the high time of the year 2000. “Handsprings” was originally released as a split-single with the Dirtbombs and included free in issue #19 of Multiball magazine. “Red Death at 6:14” was initially released on the Jack White-produced compilation “Sympathetic Sounds of Detroit” and was later made available as a one-sided single from the folks at MOJO magazine. Both songs are quintessential White Stripes jams and finally pairing them together here makes (arguably) one of the best Stripes singles ever.

TMR-142

Karen Elson

Milk and Honey b/w Winter’s Going

Limited to milk and honey colored vinyl for Record Store Day

Karen Elson delivers a haunting version of the Jackson C. Frank gem “Milk and Honey” that brims with atmosphere and undeniable feeling. The b-side is a trucking version of Bonnie Dobson’s “Winter’s Going” that warms to the core. Another direct hit from Miss Elson.

And for release during the week of Record Store Day...

TMR-104

Jerry Lee Lewis

Live at Third Man 4-17-11

Commercial release of the Killer’s killer live set at Third Man’s 2011 Record Store Day celebrations, complete with crack backing band featuring Steve Cropper, Jim Keltner and Jack Lawrence. Includes ace takes on such classics as “Sweet Little Sixteen”, “Great Balls of Fire” and “Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On.”

Tracklist:

Down the Line

Georgia on My Mind

Drinking Wine, Spo-dee-O-dee

Before the Night is Over

Why You Been Gone So Long?

I Wish I Was 18 Again

Sweet Little Sixteen

You Belong to Me

She Even Woke Me Up to Say Goodbye

Mexicali Rose

Great Balls of Fire

Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On

LCD Soundsystem is reissuing his single Losing My Edge for RSD. You can already pre-order it here:

http://www.midheaven.com/item/losing-my-edge-by-lcd-soundsystem-12

This actually already exists (picture sleeve and all), it came out on a UK label aaaages ago. I guess this is the first time DFA has issued it with a picture sleeve.