I offer you this question VC

So, a major, major want has come up on ebay. A rare major want, an expensive one. I have a decent collection of records here with me now, but a huge portion of my records are in storage overseas. If I had access I could sell a few things and get the money, I dont have that access. Now I can sell nearly everything I have here(okay not everything, but other rare/awesome stuff) and raise the cash.

So VC do I do it? Do I sell everything I currently possess to get it? Keep in mind, I may not even win it?

Advise me.

Also feel free to guess what record it is.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really curious to know what it is.. if you say you have to entirely sell a "decent collection" to get it. Unless you decent collection consists of all the recently released Blink record, 2 against me and the latest mars volta its definitely not worth it. it'll make for an awesome story maybe one day but not one thatll make you look smart.

img/ foreveralone.jpg img/

If it is indeed a Floorpunch record then it's an easy answer: No, don't do it. I bet you already have a copy of this on a less limited color anyway. Enjoy the music, avoid the debt. In four years when this pops back up again you'll be in a better financial position and have enjoyed a lot more music in the intervening years.

patience

unless it's an auction of mine, then bid the shit out of that bitch...

This is amazing.

that was a joke.

seriously, personally i would never pay that much for a 7" or any record for that matter...and going into debt is never a good idea.

there are a few items on my want list i know i'll just never get b/c i'm not going to pay that much for them.

others i have managed to find good deals crop up and have picked them up.

no record will fill the empty void in your soul.

If you choose to do the credit card thing

you are an idiot. I know this because I

have been that idiot. Zero interest for a

year almost never gets paid off in time.

I haven't used my credit card in 5 years

and I am still trying to pay it all off.

It's never worth it.

You're not an idiot for using credit cards responsibly, but you are an idiot if you only pay the minimum amt each month and expect to have it paid off in a reasonable amount of time.

Your minimum payment is 1% of your entire balance plus interest charges for that month. I'm sure you can do the math and figure out how many payments you need to make in order to pay off your balance if you only put 1% towards the principle balance each month.

Use a card, and make payments that are larger than the minimum and will allow you to pay it off within your own timeframe, not the banks.

*edit* That calculation is true for most larger credit card issuers. Some smaller credit card issuers will give you something like this:

minimum payment = a set dollar amt + interest charges. That set dollar amt is usually $5 or $10 dollars. If your balance is large enough that $5 or $10 doesn't even cover 1%, then you're upside down and if you only pay the minimum you'll never actually pay off your account. They're designed that way. Check the fine print and make sure you know you're at least paying 1%.