Jealous Sound - A Gentle Reminder pre order (tests

timwt

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listened to this record once. Couldn't really get into it. Sounds too-stuck in the early 2000's, but i guess that's why a lot of people like it. I really liked them when they opened for SDRE, but i just haven't been able to get into more than a few songs on the first record. I'll give the new one another couple shots. maybe wait til' i get the vinyl.

well shit i guess i might not be picking up a copy at the Feb 9th show.

here is the response to my email i sent on the 26th.........

"Hi Keith,

I'm hoping everything will be ready in about 4 weeks or so. Vinyl can be unpredictable, so it's hard to give a completely solid date.

Thanks,

Scott"

ah.

i got my download today too. interested in seeing if they sound better than the copy i already have.

considering there is one download per side they probably will.

i also sent them an email asking if these shipped today, but now that i've read this i guess they'll be telling me no.

Yurp. In better news, saw these dudes last night. They sounded phenomenal. Go check them out when they come to your city.

they skipped my town and went to chicago instead (they did this with the sdre tour too).

and even though they are worth the 4 hour drive to me, the odds of convincing my wife to let me do such a thing is pretty much out of the question.

TEMPTTINGG!!! but i'm going to have to pass.

i don't mind living with my white copy.

ntm i've already spent over $200 on records this year.

O_O

theres also a copy of "this conversation" on ebay for $90 that i've been drooling over.

no chance in hell im spending that kind of money right now, tho.

saw these guys on Saturday night and they were sooooo good. They told me to just go online to pre-order the new album, but they had some copies of Kill Them With Kindness with them, which is cool for anyone who hasn't picked that up yet. also, not to make you "jealous" seancore, but I just found a copy of This Conversation is Ending for $6 at a record store last week :) sometimes they have nooooo idea what they're pricing hehe.

saw these guys on Saturday night and they were sooooo good. They told me to just go online to pre-order the new album, but they had some copies of Kill Them With Kindness with them, which is cool for anyone who hasn't picked that up yet. also, not to make you "jealous" seancore, but I just found a copy of This Conversation is Ending for $6 at a record store last week :) sometimes they have nooooo idea what they're pricing hehe.

i'll buy it from you for $10.

;D

Listened to this record once. Couldn't really get into it. Sounds too-stuck in the early 2000's, but i guess that's why a lot of people like it. I really liked them when they opened for SDRE, but i just haven't been able to get into more than a few songs on the first record. I'll give the new one another couple shots. maybe wait til' i get the vinyl.

I didn't realize that the early 2000's had a "sound" to it. If you were only able to "get into" a few songs off their first LP, I assume you have no idea what you're talking about.

I didn't like the album at first. I hear odd influences like current era Death Cab and King of Leon all over it. That being said, it's grown on me a lot and continues to grow on me with every listen.