Best Instrumental "Post-Rock" Bands

Just wondering what are your favorite all instrumental post-rock bands? It seems to be a steadily growing genre.

Also which ones do you think are overlooked/underappreciated.

Some obvious favorites:

Explosions In The Sky- The first instrumental rock band that I really got into.

and

Caspian- My new favorite that I only just discovered. I think they may have surpassed Explosions. PM me if you have any vinyl for sale/trade btw.

I could go on with a long rambling list, but what are some of yours and how do they stand apart from the others?

Godspeed is playing something like 4 nights in San Francisco. I think I better at least see one.

definitely try to make it! I saw them in March in NYC at the Church of St. Paul the Apostle. Best show I've ever seen. Granted, the beautiful space added to the effect, but I'm sure they put on a wonderful show anywhere.

Faraquet - 3 piece math rock craziness

Ghosts & Vodka - sounds like 80's TV show music

Nice... I was going to mention Faraquet.

If you or anyone else is interested I filmed/recorded their reunion show at the Black Cat in 2001.

Let me know if you want a copy of the DVD.

I've been digging Caspian so much lately.

Caspian

Explosions

This Will Destroy You

Godspeed You! Black Emperor.

Those are my top 4.

and my good friends in Deadhorse are incredible. Check out their album 'We Can Create Our Own World'

I have the Deadhorse on its way to me right now. Can't wait to get it.

Good picks so far everyone. Keep them coming!

thanks for the GLACIERS shout out.

Ill throw my faves out there:

DIRTY THREE - i dont have a fave, although Ocean Songs gets lots of spins in my house. I saw em once in NYC w Pj Harvey, and it was mind blowing. they never get the credit they are due, but they rule.

MOGWAI - hard to nail down a favorite, but i really love the most recent one, 'hardcore will nvr die". I think they get better with time. but each of their other records has staples and hits that I love.

RED SPAROWES - loved their last record for sure.

PULLMAN - the first LP on thrill jockey is beautiful. mostly acoustic. check it out.

TORTOISE - recently got back into them. Millions now living is the jam.

EARTH - I love everything about them. When I heard EARTH 2, it blw me away, but nothing could prepare me for HEX. Anyone remember when the dude from Autofact booted their LPs and was driving down the west coast selling them to record stores?

I also have to mention my love for jazz...Miles Davis, Art Blakely, John Coltrane, Charlie Parker, Alice Coltrane, Pharoah Sanders...

Unwed Sailor stands out among all of these instrumental bands that seem to be coming out of nowhere lately. More specifically their latest album "Little Wars" is really good.

Jonathan Ford can do no wrong for me. And has been doing it for so much longer than most of these bands.