Best Instrumental "Post-Rock" Bands

but if we're talking favorites that are in no particular order....

if these trees could talk

beware of safety

godspeed (duh)

sparrows swarm and sing

gifts from enola

glaciers

deadhorse

you.may.die.in.the.desert

mono

explosions in the sky

Te'

The Samuel Jackson Five

Ef

Giants

Kokomo

quite a few others as well...

I don't really have anything new to add here haha. Explosions, Caspian and This Will Destroy You are way way way up there for me. Deadhorse too, I wish more people knew about them. They're so nice in person (Brian and Rachel especially) and they're so damn good live, you cannot see them and not get pumped when they're playing. The Six Parts Seven, Moonlit Sailor and Early Day Miners are a few bands I had pop up on my post rock station on Pandora that were decent.

Moving Mountain's older stuff had some post rock-esque stuff going on that was cool. Also Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde by Alcest was decent although it's not strictly speaking post rock.

I don't really have anything new to add here haha. Explosions, Caspian and This Will Destroy You are way way way up there for me. Deadhorse too, I wish more people knew about them. They're so nice in person (Brian and Rachel especially) and they're so damn good live, you cannot see them and not get pumped when they're playing. The Six Parts Seven, Moonlit Sailor and Early Day Miners are a few bands I had pop up on my post rock station on Pandora that were decent.

Moving Mountain's older stuff had some post rock-esque stuff going on that was cool. Also Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde by Alcest was decent although it's not strictly speaking post rock.

Nor is Alcest instrumental haha. It's really good shoegaze though. I really liked Moonlit Sailor when I listened to them. Colors In Stereo was a really happy album. Pretty much the Fang Island of post-rock

I like this kind of music, but going to see the bands have been very underwhelming. I saw Godspeed twice last March and while it sounded lovely, it's not a show I can go to when I've worked and have been up since 5 in the morning. Left early from that show when I fell asleep in my seat. I felt like such an ass because i love Godspeed, but I couldn't stay awake any longer.

Anyway, the two I've caught live (and drug my wife to because while she likes how this stuff sounds, she can't listen to it for long because she gets bored) are Godspeed and Mono.

Definitely think I'm going to check out stuff that's listed here, though.