The Jane Doe Project by J. Bannon!!!

jhulud

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Thanks people.

I know they are pricey, but I kept them as affordable as I could.

Just to break it down a bit:

Postage/supplies for shipping each one works out to about $75 per piece in the USA. Sadly, Paypal takes over $20 or so dollars for each piece sold, and the government takes about 25% of the gross that comes in on top of that. All of that happens before I can factor in that each one took anywhere from 20-30 hours to create over a two year period. And supplies cost me a few thousand for the project over that time period. I hope that sheds some light on the expense of this sort of endeavor.

At the end of the day, it's better than a gallery taking 50%.

Thanks again for the support.

-J.

I don't think you need justify the price you set. $700 is more than fair for what this is. I see complete crap selling for $2-$3k in local galleries in Sacramento (stuff that looks like a kids finger painting session). These are amazing and if I had the money, I would love to own one.

Currently selling of sections of my collection. I need to get this on my wall...

I'm considering going there myself. I quite dislike the idea of parting with pieces of my record collection, but this would be killer to own. Just need to come up with $400 - $500 extra...

I wonder if it's time to part with some variants.