Shit on bands here

I probably am out of the loop with this. I've never heard of "weirdo hardcore" or seen anything about it in the UK. Granted, I move in different circles to new punk/hardcore stuff most of the time but still I'm still kind of at a loss as to why a couple of bands have this tag. I listened to the video you posted and search for other stuff online and whilst it is kind of weird I guess, I don't see why it's its own distinct genre. I'm not taking the piss, I'm actually curious about it. What are the characteristics? Weird vocals, unusual instrumentation? That just sounds like Butthole Surfers to me.

Unless of course it's one of those things like Torche being described as "dreamsludge" or Deafheaven described as fucking "metalgaze" or whatever.

Should I jack off over your grave because you like Billy Joel and call you a poser?

Well this got strange pretty quickly.

It's not it's own distinct genre but it's definitely distinct from what is normally considered "hardcore" which is all I'm getting at. You asked what it was and I'm trying to describe it for you. Garbled reverby growled vocals, heavy distortion on simple repetitive riffs. lol I'm not comparing it metalgaze or dreamsludge whatever that shit is, but it's just kind of a niche of hardcore, like there's post-hardcore, melodic hardcore, d-beat, beatdown, screamo/skramz, etc. They all sound different. 

It's not it's own distinct genre but it's definitely distinct from what is normally considered "hardcore" which is all I'm getting at. You asked what it was and I'm trying to describe it for you. Garbled reverby growled vocals, heavy distortion on simple repetitive riffs. lol I'm not comparing it metalgaze or dreamsludge whatever that shit is, but it's just kind of a niche of hardcore, like there's post-hardcore, melodic hardcore, d-beat, beatdown, screamo/skramz, etc. They all sound different. 

That's cool. It's just that IMO post-hardcore, d-beat, screams etc are very very distinct. I just feel like as I get older the easier it is to have much more inclusive, larger genres. 

I'm watching a live performance of her now on HIFI and this is what got me thinking that.

She, like, speaks into the microphone, while repeating the same 2-bar part over and over.  It's hilarious.  So bush-league.  I think people like her cause she is a feminist/political icon to them or something.

Although to be fair, it is hard to follow up Dizzy Gillespie, which is what was on just before this.

Every Iggy Azalea song I've heard is shit, but I fucking love Fancy

fancy is awesome, and charlie xcx deserves 100% of the credit for it. i'm insanely attracted to iggy, but it's looks only. i find her voice/flow to just be obnoxious.

Charli XCX is a goddess. 

Charli XCX is a goddess.

Ferreal yo. Two straight summers, she was completely overlooked while being behind smash hits. That icona pop song was nothing without her.

Her voice has authority.

Ferreal yo. Two straight summers, she was completely overlooked while being behind smash hits. That icona pop song was nothing without her.

Her voice has authority.

She also can write a damn catchy hook, I Love It was pop genius at it's finest whether you love it or hate it. 

At first I thought selling it was a bad move on her part but I think she really wanted to be taken seriously as a song writer first and a singer second. I'm glad she is finally making a name for herself. 

But alas, this is the shit on bands here thread.