Shit on bands here

Frank Turner. I should love him based on the other stuff I like, and I know plenty around here do, but I just don't get him at all. I heard a song today from him, The Way I Tend To Be and it sounded like something Colbie Caillat would do.

Try his earlier stuff from Love, Ire and song working backwards. He's faded a lot since then.

This guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ6okTf2vAc

sounds/looks like the actual singer couldn't make it, so they grabbed some random dude off the street and said "Hey, wanna sing for our band?  We just need you to learn this song in 5 minutes.  We'll shoot you a dime-bag for your trouble."

Works perfectly within the context of The Stone Roses to be honest, solo though? not too sure 

Frank Turner. I should love him based on the other stuff I like, and I know plenty around here do, but I just don't get him at all. I heard a song today from him, The Way I Tend To Be and it sounded like something Colbie Caillat would do.

For every good song of his you have to sit through 5 bad ones. His earlier stuff was better but you arent really missing anything.

There was a "festival" in my home town yesterday. Headliners were Anti-Flag, Reel Big Fish and Taking Back Sunday.

I didn't go.

There was one in my state that was headlined by St. Vincent one day, DMX the next and Wheatus the other day. Needless to say it got cancelled, I assume due to lack of ticket sold since 2001.

Do you want more? This one is by Cowboy Troy.

I legitimately did not that this was a genre.  Where do I start?  Where the hell do I start?  It's not that it's rap pop country.  Well, it is that, but also, it's that the rapping is bad, like really really bad.  Like, two 13 year old dudes sitting awkwardly in one of their parents basement, attempting to rap over Nelly's Country Grammar before Nelly's vocals kick in on the CD one of their cousins burned for them.  

I legitimately did not that this was a genre.  Where do I start?  Where the hell do I start?  It's not that it's rap pop country.  Well, it is that, but also, it's that the rapping is bad, like really really bad.  Like, two 13 year old dudes sitting awkwardly in one of their parents basement, attempting to rap over Nelly's Country Grammar before Nelly's vocals kick in on the CD one of their cousins burned for them.  

Oh yeah, my favorite part really is how their flow and rhyme scheme are just total garbage. And this is shit that they wrote down and thought about. Can you imagine if they freestyled? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really?  I liked what little I've heard from Alt J.  some chick wanted to show me and I was impressed!

More on Deafheaven from my evil twin:

No I didn't I was all ears and listened to 45 minutes of unorganized emos fucked up on pcp tryin to recreate their emotions through instruments they don't understand

More on American Football from my brother:

So I'm listenin to American football and it's like brand new took a bunch of Xanax and wrote an album

my big twin bro is dumb