otto802

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the stores getting em:

Saddle Creek - Omaha, Nebraska

Grooves - San Francisco, California

Newbury - Multiple locations on the East Coast, please check with them on which store or stores will be carrying the single

Reckless - Multiple locations in the Chicago area, please check with them directly on which store or stores will be carrying the single

Waterloo- Austin, TX

Nashvilles gettin 100... and as quoted from the vault "Do the black math... thats 30 copies a store"...
i hope that's true, but i assume some stores got more than others. stores with multiple locations vs. stores with single locations in small citites.

From what I've heard with the multi-stores... only one location is getting them.

I called Grooves in SF and talked to the manager/owner.

I said, "Word on the street is that you will be getting the new tri-color Jack White single."

He replies, "Why do people keep calling and saying that?"

I said, "I don't know, but it's kind of a big deal."

He finished by saying, "I don't know anything about this and we get shipments all the time and put them out when we get them."

So I think the whole waiting thing at stores(not in Nashville) and scoring one is less likely than ordering at random intervals from the TMR website.

Incidentally,if Nashville stores are really getting around 30 copies each, and you happen to buy an extra or feel inclined to stop a flipper from purchasing and eBaying, I will gladly pay cost, shipping and a little extra for you to send it to California.

I called Grooves in SF and talked to the manager/owner.

I said, "Word on the street is that you will be getting the new tri-color Jack White single."

He replies, "Why do people keep calling and saying that?"

I said, "I don't know, but it's kind of a big deal."

He finished by saying, "I don't know anything about this and we get shipments all the time and put them out when we get them."

So I think the whole waiting thing at stores(not in Nashville) and scoring one is less likely than ordering at random intervals from the TMR website.

Incidentally,if Nashville stores are really getting around 30 copies each, and you happen to buy an extra or feel inclined to stop a flipper from purchasing and eBaying, I will gladly pay cost, shipping and a little extra for you to send it to California.

Only TMR in Nashville is gonna have'em...

None for Grimey's, The Groove, or the Great Escape...

One per customer/family. (Folks used to drag kids along to ensure 4-5 copies for themselves, folks also have hired homeless people in the past)

Only TMR in Nashville is gonna have'em...

None for Grimey's, The Groove, or the Great Escape...

One per customer/family. (Folks used to drag kids along to ensure 4-5 copies for themselves, folks also have hired homeless people in the past)

Haha. Good times.

It was... there was a dude who'd drive down early... pay 10-25 homeless dudes to stand in line with the 10 bucks a piece plus some cash for themselves when the record was delivered while he parked in the art store parking lot across the street and slept in his escalade. The day Jack got sick of it was the day TMR ebayed WS split copies, and jacked the copies up to $50 instore day of sale.

Haha. Good times.

It was... there was a dude who'd drive down early... pay 10-25 homeless dudes to stand in line with the 10 bucks a piece plus some cash for themselves when the record was delivered while he parked in the art store parking lot across the street and slept in his escalade. The day Jack got sick of it was the day TMR ebayed WS split copies, and jacked the copies up to $50 instore day of sale.

That's nuts. I hope that escalade-dude becomes poor and then dies. Seriously.

i called reckless. they said "less than 5". but TMR says 30. which means 30 minus the 25 copies the owner and employees took equals 5 for the public". i talked to a guy who said he was going to wait in line at 4 am. i don't think i can compete with that.

That's dedication. I'd only do that for RSD where there are tons of things available I'd like to buy.