Elliot- False Cathedrals

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Its 180g. And it's still pretty quiet sounding, just like the OG press

it sounds great at max volume. i don't think you're supposed to listen to it any lower than that.

also, i got my replacement sleeve in about 2 days ago.

it arrived safe and sound.

Unfortunatly my volume knob broke off on my amp. Hahaha. I can listen kind of loud, or use the muting switch to listen to it kind of soft. Hahh

I'm listening to the B-side of this now and it's popping like a motherfucker. Anyone else have this? First side is fine, but damn, sounds like shit on the other.

Listened to mine yesterday and it did pop a little bit on the B-side. Didn't really think about it until I read this now. Hm.

I examined it more closely and there's weird scratches on it. I hate when this happens. I emailed Rev, hopefully they'll replace this one.

I'm listening to the B-side of this now and it's popping like a motherfucker. Anyone else have this? First side is fine, but damn, sounds like shit on the other.

Listened to mine yesterday and it did pop a little bit on the B-side. Didn't really think about it until I read this now. Hm.

I had the same problem and saw the scratches. I figured maybe it happened in shipping but I doubt that now. Thanks for speaking up. I'll have to email Rev too. This is too important of an album to have it sound like dick.

I had the same problem and saw the scratches. I figured maybe it happened in shipping but I doubt that now. Thanks for speaking up. I'll have to email Rev too. This is too important of an album to have it sound like dick.

yeah mine has 4 pops in the first track of side 2.

it's a bummer.

First side had some pops here and there. My stylus is a bit old, but not too old. I listened to another record right after and it was fine. Seems the first 2 songs on the B-side are the worst, then slight pops after that.

Reply from Rev:

"I'm sorry to hear that. Unfortunately I have had a couple other customers tell me the same thing and we listened to two copies here at the office and we experienced the same popping at the beginning of side b. The old plates were used, so there must have been a problem during pressing. I know you already have a download code, but I could send you the CD version if you'd like."

I said no thanks to the CD and ask if they planned for another repress (nothing about new plates...hopefully)

"I don't know for sure, but I did hear that there was talk about it yesterday. If that's true I will send you a replacement. I will keep you posted.

Celia"

Dude...Celia @ Rev is awesome! I have dealt with her a lot and she is great.

Yeah, not saying anything good nor bad and not even mad at all really. Pretty much just a bummer that a lot of records seem to be like this (if not all.) Hopefully a repress will come about so I can get a good copy of this. It's still listenable, so it'll do for now.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...