Mondo Prints

the higher price is flipper deterrent too. no doubt you could probably still sell the variant for well over $200 though so i don't know...

Horkey LOTR is a hot commodity and Mondo knows every single one of these will sell in a matter of seconds, so from a business perspective, why not charge $200?

Yeah, doubling is a bit odd and certainly not usual. Plus the variant has like 1/2 the colors so it's gotta be cheaper to produce. I don't particularly care for the price tag of the variant. The regular will suit me just fine if Im lucky enough to get one. 

i'll give it my best shot. i think you'll be good. its a pretty large edition.

Hey Timb

I saw on EB that someone mentioned an AP for $150. Where is that? Justin said they throw APs in with random orders for all the prints when I talked to him at the Halloween thing.

AP Horkey print? Usually Horkey's lucky few sub holders are given access to those. Ive personally never seen a Horkey AP dropped to the general public so I doubt this starts with TT. 

Ive also never seen Mondo toss in random APs with orders either. 

Many times when Mondo commissions an artist to do a print, they get paid with personal copies that they can sell for their share of the profit on their own websites. Those are when you usually see AP copies surface. 

AP Horkey print? Usually Horkey's lucky few sub holders are given access to those. Ive personally never seen a Horkey AP dropped to the general public so I doubt this starts with TT. 

But wouldnt that be an awesome surprise. :) When I placed the order for the Hand of Sauron print I wrote "Artist proof please!?" in the notes section. How cool would that be if it were just that easy. Hahaha.

But wouldnt that be an awesome surprise. :) When I placed the order for the Hand of Sauron print I wrote "Artist proof please!?" in the notes section. How cool would that be if it were just that easy. Hahaha.

FYI, do not write that (or anything) in the notes section during the Horkey drop tomorrow, haha. You're gonna need every millisecond you can spare. Just a warning, it's gonna be a bloodbath and professional flippers will be out in full force tomorrow. 

FYI, do not write that (or anything) in the notes section during the Horkey drop tomorrow, haha. You're gonna need every millisecond you can spare. Just a warning, it's gonna be a bloodbath and professional flippers will be out in full force tomorrow. 

Oh yeah I know. I only did it because I was only 50/50 about the PCC print. I figured if it was gone then oh well. I'll be lucky to even get to the shipping info page tomorrow. Haha. The PCC Halloween print and the Thor print I was actually trying for and it was loading so slow I only made it through 2 pages of check out before it crashed and I lost it.

Mondo did Return Of The King as one of their MMMs last year, so that started the trend of moving backwards. Why they chose to show the final part of the LOTR series is something I do not know. 

Did you get the There Will Be Blood Print? I bet it looks even better in person. I just ordered the limited edition steelbook. It sold out in a few hours.

10884062-1386943500-615631.jpg10884062-1386943500-615544.jpg

Did you get the There Will Be Blood Print? I bet it looks even better in person. I just ordered the limited edition steelbook. It sold out in a few hours.

10884062-1386943500-615631.jpg10884062-1386943500-615544.jpg

Wow, pretty awesome. One of my all-time favorite movies. I did get his TWBB print but I got an artist copy through postersandtoys.net a few weeks after the Mondo drop and about $140 more expensive (still about $100 lower than aftermarket). 

Wow, pretty awesome. One of my all-time favorite movies. I did get his TWBB print but I got an artist copy through postersandtoys.net a few weeks after the Mondo drop and about $140 more expensive (still about $100 lower than aftermarket). 

Thats cool. You got pics of it? How much did that print go for originally? Definitely one of the coolest prints I've seen.

Thats cool. You got pics of it? How much did that print go for originally? Definitely one of the coolest prints I've seen.

Im sure Ive shared pics of it in the VC "who collects posters" thread before. Originally I believe the regular was $65. I got mine for $200. Aftermarket is about $340 right now I believe but was around $400 at the time I bought mine. I absolutely love it and it's one of the prized prints of my collection. Definitely seek this one out if you get an opportunity at a great price. 

Dammit! I had myself convinced I don't need the variant but I can't stop debating. Why does it have to be twice as much?! I may just flip a coin tomorrow....

If you're not 100% confident in your Mondo drop skills and your opinion is close enough on either, go for the reg.

Oh, I got this. ;) Remaining optimistic is the key. I missed the circa drop, no way i can miss this one. I'll do the responsible thing and get the regular. I had fucked up dreams that I ordered the regular for $120 and then the variant went up for $120 but the price of the regular dropped to $80 and it ended up not selling out. I dont know man, it was a stressful dream. I hate being anxious or new releases.