Mondo Prints

I don't get why the Horkey LOTR is worth so much. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mondo-Lord-of-the-Rings-Return-of-the-King-Poster-by-Aaron-Horkey-X-260-SOLD-OUT-/380572522273?pt=Art_Posters&hash=item589be3d721

I don't even think it's that much cooler than the others, if at all.

Timbr shed some light please!

Because it was an event exclusive print for a Mondo Mystery Movie, meaning it wasn't sold to the masses online. So much of Mondo's fanbase buys and sells on hype and how limited and exclusive something is. It's also a popular artist doing a popular title and people are going to pass off their added costs (i.e. entrance fee) onto the buyer. 

I do like Horkey's ROTK variant a lot but it's certainly somewhere in the middle if I were to rank all of his prints in order. Definitely not high on my ISO list but will go higher if I do end up scoring the other 2 LOTRs and need to complete the set. 

It also can be found much cheaper than $1300. That's just your typical foolish eBay price. 

Yeah of course it can be found for less - but there are a ton of offers on the item, so i'm quite curious as to what people are actually offering.

Also, the storm out of the mountains poster i really dont like at all.

agreed. Thats probably why its still in stock. I really hope the Horkey one goes up tomorrow. 

Yeah of course it can be found for less - but there are a ton of offers on the item, so i'm quite curious as to what people are actually offering.

Also, the storm out of the mountains poster i really dont like at all.

Interest has definitely risen on Horkey's ROTK print due to the fact that we know there is at least another Horkey LOTR print on the very near horizon (hopefully tomorrow and not MMM).  

I'm guessing the offers are more in line with it's recent price history?  Certainly less than $1300 but probably more in line with $800-900

http://expressobeans.com/members/detail.php/153858/history

two Mondo release batches in a row with slow sell outs!

People be learn'n

I have not been a fan at all of their business plan this year.  Of course there have been more than a few gems released (Horkey's TWBB might be my favorite Mondo release ever, just to name an example) but the bulk of what they've done seems to be a quantity over quality type approach.