Mondo Prints

What do you got for sale?

Not everything linked is for sale here at cost (some things I'd only consider parting with via trade), but everything I would sell at cost is up here.  If anything catches anyone's eye, shoot me a PM.

http://expressobeans.com/members/trades.php?id=22532&ipp=15&page=1

heading to Austin after work today for the "batman: mask of the phantasm" screening!! can't wait to see the prints. i'm not sure how it'll work exactly--i'm guessing each person will get to choose either the regular or the variant. I'm already helping out someone on here, but if we're allowed to get 1 of each and my buddy doesn't want them, i'll see if I can score a few more.

heading to Austin after work today for the "batman: mask of the phantasm" screening!! can't wait to see the prints. i'm not sure how it'll work exactly--i'm guessing each person will get to choose either the regular or the variant. I'm already helping out someone on here, but if we're allowed to get 1 of each and my buddy doesn't want them, i'll see if I can score a few more.

Have fun!  I can also help someone out on the online drop of these (if and when...) if the batman cannot fulfill all requests.

Awesome!  Did you get all the print(s) you wanted?  Heard the variant either sold out or got real close to selling out last night.

yes! I actually secured 2 copies of both the regular and the variant--each ticket let me get one of each. there were still copies of the variant when I left, but there was a line of people (i'm assuming gen public) waiting to buy, so i'm not sure if it eventually sold out. regular was $45 /325 and the variant was $65 /125. It was $120 for both of them after tax.

I think i'm going to keep one copy of both the reg and variant, the other regular went to KeepDoubting on here, and I haven't decided what to do with the other variant. will probably offer it up at cost on here, but i don't have any more poster tubes haha. i'm gonna sit on it for a bit.

Got my first print out at the framer this weekend. It's not a Mondo release - but a Ken Taylor.

I'm excited. But, hell, framing is expensive.

Just depends on how fancy you want to do it and if you're willing to do a bit of the DIY yourself.  I typically buy all the parts separate and put it together myself to save a lot of money.  I actually enjoy and look forward to doing the extra work of putting it together.

yes! I actually secured 2 copies of both the regular and the variant--each ticket let me get one of each. there were still copies of the variant when I left, but there was a line of people (i'm assuming gen public) waiting to buy, so i'm not sure if it eventually sold out. regular was $45 /325 and the variant was $65 /125. It was $120 for both of them after tax.

I think i'm going to keep one copy of both the reg and variant, the other regular went to KeepDoubting on here, and I haven't decided what to do with the other variant. will probably offer it up at cost on here, but i don't have any more poster tubes haha. i'm gonna sit on it for a bit.

Very cool, sounds like you had a great time, congrats!

If you decide to sell it for cost on here, pleeeeeeeeease hit me up!

its cool, but i dont know if i really want it that bad. I do really want the Boogie Nights one he did but I dont want to pay $250 for it.

Buy this one and trade it with maybe some extra cash to someone who missed out on it for the Boogie Nights.  That's how this game works much of the time.  Though the high run number might make this aftermarket a little more volatile.

RJB is huge over in Japan.

Buy this one and trade it with maybe some extra cash to someone who missed out on it for the Boogie Nights.  That's how this game works much of the time.  Though the high run number might make this aftermarket a little more volatile.

RJB is huge over in Japan.

Yeah, a run of 520 is pretty big. I think Boogie Nights was somewhere around 300. I cant even sell the Hand of Sauron print by PCC. 

Yeah, a run of 520 is pretty big. I think Boogie Nights was somewhere around 300. I cant even sell the Hand of Sauron print by PCC. 

Most PCC doesn't flip and there are a million LOTR Mondo prints already flooding the market.  The most important thing about understanding the print collecting community is that "value" and how awesome a print is, is based off whether or not it will flip and for how much.  Sad, I know.

Most PCC doesn't flip and there are a million LOTR Mondo prints already flooding the market.  The most important thing about understanding the print collecting community is that "value" and how awesome a print is, is based off whether or not it will flip and for how much.  Sad, I know.

dude, some people were standing in front of the poster table last night talking about buying two and flipping them later if they didn't want them since the variant is already at $150 on ebay. the guy there was like "maybe you shouldn't talk about flipping posters right in front of the people that are going to sell these to you". I thought they were gonna be denied. it was funny though, they tried to give me a hard time because I paid for all 4 posters with my card, but the friend I went with stepped up and said "these are for me, he's just paying for them". I just wanted to be like "I promise i'm not flipping these for dirty ebay money!!"

dude, some people were standing in front of the poster table last night talking about buying two and flipping them later if they didn't want them since the variant is already at $150 on ebay. the guy there was like "maybe you shouldn't talk about flipping posters right in front of the people that are going to sell these to you". I thought they were gonna be denied. it was funny though, they tried to give me a hard time because I paid for all 4 posters with my card, but the friend I went with stepped up and said "these are for me, he's just paying for them". I just wanted to be like "I promise i'm not flipping these for dirty ebay money!!"

I know I often make reference to beanie babies when discussing record collecting but I'm telling you, poster collecting is 10x worse.  It's like most people who are into it graduated from wheeling and dealing Pokemon and Magic Cards.  No joke.  Hell to me, it's simply a hobby.  I buy the prints I like and I'll care less what it's monetary value is worth to others after the fact.

let's do this. I just need to make sure I have an extra poster tube. at first I thought I only had one, but I may have two since I bought that batcave mondo print directly from jc richard. i'll check when I get home.

Awesome! Please keep me posted!

I know I often make reference to beanie babies when discussing record collecting but I'm telling you, poster collecting is 10x worse.  It's like most people who are into it graduated from wheeling and dealing Pokemon and Magic Cards.  No joke.  Hell to me, it's simply a hobby.  I buy the prints I like and I'll care less what it's monetary value is worth to others after the fact.

I feel like whatever response I could give to this should end with one of those pint drinking emoticons from EB. (I'm not saying that I disagree at all, though.)

honestly for me its mostly a game. i like the challenge of trying to snag rare prints and it helps out people on here in the end if i do. there have only been a few that i've legitimately tried to score for myself. if they continue to use their batman license, that may be changing though haha. i intend to buy them all (unless they're just flat ugly haha). at the screening, justin mentioned something along the lines of how different artists being in vogue affects the public's perception of their art and it's so true. more value = more appeal. that's like mondo in a nutshell haha. i wouldn't dream of paying some of these crazy aftermarket prices. 99% of people don't know who/what mondo is and the long-term value of these things is nada IMHO.