Pitchfork Fest 2012

bgdesign

Cloud Nothings... sooooooooo good. I don't love the new album though, prefer the pop-punk.

This lineup is ok, nothing that makes me really want to go though. I'm dying to see Hot Chip, but I can wait.

Grimes and Cloud Nothings are playing a small club in Pittsburgh in March so I'll get my fix there.

See you at Lolla.

It's Impressive how predictable Pitchfork has become over the years.

What does this really mean though?

You could say the same for almost any festival or concert these days. The only thing that was a shocker that I can recall is Metallica Fest -- that's just rather bizarre.

"pitchfork fest! featuring a bunch of bands that you read about on pitchfork!"

THIS IS INSANITY!

What is up with Godspeed playing all of these festivals? Jesus.

i really enjoy this band, usually as background music to chilling/reading or whatnot... i cannot imagine seeing them outside, at like 4pm on a sunny day would be anything but horrifically dissapointing

I could see them anywhere and still have my mind blown. Just unfortunate that they are playing for all of the hyphy douche bags that attend these things.

Thing is the majority of the bands that play this festival pretty much play Milwaukee the day before they play here or are playing an after show when the festival is done for the day. So if you really just want to see one band just do that instead of going to this.

The last time I thought about Milwaukee for a show was to see the LCD Soundsystem / Hot Chip tour. Opted not too, figuring I'd eventually be able to see them closer to home... Then LCD Soundsystem decided to break up. Luckily I got into that final show though!

I go for the record swap and Flatstock during it. Plus the tickets are cheap and this is only the initial lineup.

Yeah the thing is after going for so many years now, the only thing that excites me is Flatstock and the record swap. In at least the last few years I've never been wowed by the bands I've seen. I think the year that sticks out most for me is the year Vampire Weekend, Bon Iver, Public Enemy, and the Hold Steady played. Most the bands that play are pretty forgettable.

It's actually IMPRESSIVE how boring this list of bands is.

Justin, you should check out Cloud Nothings—they're from Cleveland and are really good. Start with their self-titled record, it's straight-up lo-fi pop-punk.

i always tell people if you like all superchunk you'll like them somewhat. which is why i actually started listening to them in the first place. new album is a bit of a stretch though.