Dine Alone / Record Store Day 2012

Typically I have Marriage and Red Tree already, but my mind instantly just reads deluxe and explodes... fuck my wallet.

I have no idea where I'll be doing RSD this year though, Kops was shady as fuck last year, especially with their DA stuff, and Rotate is just stand-offish and where everyone 'll be.

I miss Criminal Records.

Love the fact that I appear to be the only one excited about the Wool release. Should make getting it pretty easy. How the hell did that release get arranged?

it sounds amazing! the recordings have been mastered and it has some cool liner notes.. im stoked for it. i really hope people look into this band and check this out!

OH MY FUCKIN GOD!!!!!

Had to sell my copy of Red Tree a cpl months back, so would be awesome to get a copy. Is it on white/red splatter like before?

Like someone else said, little worried about the quality of the AOF vinyl because the songs weren't recorded that well to begin with, but tbh it could sound like a pile of shit and I'd end up buying it, just cos it's AOF.

Pretty stoked on that WOOL release too, and maybe Monster Truck.

EXCELLENT list of items Justin!

I think AOF and attack in black should be easy to get. There were only 500 world I want to leave behind records pressed, and those are still easy to find, so with 800 red trees in existence now, I don't think the new pressing will be super tough to get. Thats my theory.

I miss Criminal Records.

Amen to that. Sonic Boom had a good selection last year (and they are down the street from me), plus the location in Kensington should spread where people go.

Vortex also seems to get a decent number of titles in and are also on the subway line.

I've never heard of Vortex, I'll have to look it up, and my problem with SB is they can drift towards being overpriced quite often. The dual locations actually presents a bit of a problem as far as stock allocation goes I'd think though? I'll talk to my friend who works there and see if each store gets a separate lot or it's split between.

Amen to that. Sonic Boom had a good selection last year (and they are down the street from me), plus the location in Kensington should spread where people go.

Vortex also seems to get a decent number of titles in and are also on the subway line.

I've never heard of Vortex, I'll have to look it up, and my problem with SB is they can drift towards being overpriced quite often. The dual locations actually presents a bit of a problem as far as stock allocation goes I'd think though? I'll talk to my friend who works there and see if each store gets a separate lot or it's split between.

I fully agree Sonic Boom is overpriced and why I never buy new stuff from there. Last year I managed to go to Criminal at midnight, Sunrise at 8 (also overpriced, but they get a lot and it's open early), and Sonic Boom at 10. This year there is very little that interests me so I'll like sleep in and roll over to SB at 10 and pay a slight premium for sleep.

I fully agree Sonic Boom is overpriced and why I never buy new stuff from there. Last year I managed to go to Criminal at midnight, Sunrise at 8 (also overpriced, but they get a lot and it's open early), and Sonic Boom at 10. This year there is very little that interests me so I'll like sleep in and roll over to SB at 10 and pay a slight premium for sleep.

I got basically everything I wanted at Criminal's midnight sale except for C&C and that got repressed anyway so eh. I always end up at SB anyway for the instores so I imagine that's where I'll be.