The O.C. Supertones-Kickstarter New Album

So it looks like The O.C. Supertones have went and pulled a Five Iron Frenzy. Got back together and decided to make a new album and fund it through Kickstarter. It looks like the anticipated release date is December 2012 There is a new song you can listen on the page and download for free. As one of my favorite ska bands when I was a teenager I can see myself supporting this even though the vinyl option is the same amount as the Five Iron Frenzy one in $50. I am a sucker for the nostalgia of my youth. Here is the link if you are interested.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/theocsupertones/oc-supertones-new-album

the OC supertones and FIF were my favorite bands when I was like 11-13, so I'm stoked to see them getting back together for nostalgia purposes. no idea how FIF got that much money, though. good lord.

Yes me too. Five Iron Frenzy continued to put out good music until they disbanded in 2003. Supertones lost me at Chase the Sun but the new song sounds like they are going back to more of their ska roots which I like. Happy that they are finding an audience again. Hopefully both their new records turn out well.

it's so weird. like a lot of you i grew up with this stuff. FIF, supertones, plankeye, and value pac. I never stopped liking five iron i think mostly because they weren't as in your face as other band like Supertones. It's just so weird not believing in any of that but still loving the nostalgia of these bands. I don't know how to feel about this one.

Nice find. But seriously, Christian Ska is the worst. I hate passing judgement on music others love but this time around I think I'll be the asshole.

I'm normally in agreement but actually Supertones Strike Back is a legit album, ska or otherwise. It's not Beatles or Stones, but it's not a hunk.

Nice find. But seriously, Christian Ska is the worst. I hate passing judgement on music others love but this time around I think I'll be the asshole.

I'm normally in agreement but actually Supertones Strike Back is a legit album, ska or otherwise. It's not Beatles or Stones, but it's not a hunk.

That's the only Supertones album I own, it is pretty decent

"Our goal is $30,000. But seriously, that's not even going to come close to what it will take. We definitely are going to need a lot more than that to pull this project off, but we want to put an attainable number to meet the strict 100% funding goals of Kickstarter"

ok seriously wtf... if bomb the music industry! can put out super high quality material spending less than a grand a record... why the hell is it going to take you 30k+? i gaurantee if i go call the pietasters and ask them how much they paid to make oolooloo (one of the most classic modern day ska records) they would probably tell me less than 3k. Its shit like this that makes people look down on kickstarter when it could be utilized so much more fairly to the fans.

The Supertones were never really good. I mean, come on, I liked them when I was younger, but even then I kind of knew they weren't good.

Adding to the sadness is that all these guys are in their 40s and all they can think to do with themselves creatively is to ask for donations to make more rooty-tooty uber-Christian ska music.