Any Mad Men fans on here?

I would imagine they didn't press that many...this ain't Glee we're talking about here.

Yeah, Mad Men isn't well received at all.

Mad Men premiere: 3.5 million viewers.

Glee premiere: 8.9 million viewers (and that is down 32%)

Hell, even The Walking Dead had 4.4 million more than MM.

All I meant is that the show isn't as huge as the other, I never said it wasn't received well...that is what you took away from it.

I AM ONLY ON THE 2ND SEASON so I am sure one of you assholes wants to ruin it for me...not gonna happen I just came in here and skimmed to the bottom to tell you that I want this even though I haven't heard this song yet.

Don Draper dies.

[image]

WE HAVE TO GO BACK, PETE

+1 for WEGOBBAGOBACK

Also Harry is the smoke monster.

Well rating-wise of course it's gonna have less than Glee, it's on AMC, not on a major network, but critics wise it's a whole different story. I mean how many millions of people watch Jersey Shore, the Karda-something girls and so on, but you ever see them wining an Emmy or other awards for each of their seasons and their cast constantly being nominated?

I want to order, but 18.33 shipping in Canada? Hum...

Well rating-wise of course it's gonna have less than Glee, it's on AMC, not on a major network, but critics wise it's a whole different story. I mean how many millions of people watch Jersey Shore, the Karda-something girls and so on, but you ever see them wining an Emmy or other awards for each of their seasons and their cast constantly being nominated?

I want to order, but 18.33 shipping in Canada? Hum...

Awards don't mean anything when it comes to buying memorabilia. Once again, I love the show, I just don't think they pressed more than a couple thousand of these.

I don't think I've been this interested in a TV show since Freaks and Geeks. Such great characters! If you don't want to risk Insound getting more in stock, the 7"s can be had on ebay for only a few bucks more right now: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ipg=50&_sadis=200&_adv=1&_sop=12&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=mad+men+red+record&_dmd=1

i was thinking back to last year's finale today- mostly the way it ended with the beatles - do you want to know a secret. fantastic allusion to her knowing about dick whitman.

Since we're on topic I thought this made for a good read. Its about the opening scene to the new season.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/28/on-mad-men-an-opening-scene-straight-from-page-1/?hp

am i alone in not understanding people being outraged about this scene? before realizing that it was pretty much verbatim, it still felt historically accurate.

even with the savages line, again being verbatim... what is the issue here? racism was a thing.. a really really big thing. are we not allowed to acknowledge how grimy and fucked up it was? is it really that out of line that a black woman turns an ugly term casually used for black people towards a white man for something shitty he did?

Since we're on topic I thought this made for a good read. Its about the opening scene to the new season.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/28/on-mad-men-an-opening-scene-straight-from-page-1/?hp

am i alone in not understanding people being outraged about this scene? before realizing that it was pretty much verbatim, it still felt historically accurate.

even with the savages line, again being verbatim... what is the issue here? racism was a thing.. a really really big thing. are we not allowed to acknowledge how grimy and fucked up it was? is it really that out of line that a black woman turns an ugly term casually used for black people towards a white man for something shitty he did?

it wasn't using the word "savages" that offended people in a racial context, from the article it seems like pretty much that critics thought the scene was dumbed down / too obvious to be real.... and then it turns out it all happened like that, more or less word for word.