Where Do You Plan On Going For RSD Day 2012?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Park Ave in Orlando like I have the past two years.

I just moved to Winter Park this past week. Is Park Ave the "best" spot for RSD in Orlando. I don't really want to drive around the whole city to like 4 different shops, just to find out that none of them have the collection that Park Ave has.

I just moved to Winter Park this past week. Is Park Ave the "best" spot for RSD in Orlando. I don't really want to drive around the whole city to like 4 different shops, just to find out that none of them have the collection that Park Ave has.

I haven't been to any of the other stores for RSD but Park Ave always has EVERYTHING. And plenty of it. Line's going to be super long though. I try to get there 2-3 hours early.

I haven't been to any of the other stores for RSD but Park Ave always has EVERYTHING. And plenty of it. Line's going to be super long though. I try to get there 2-3 hours early.

Park Ave is the only place in the area that will have pretty much everything and in good quantities. Definitely get there early though. I got there at 7ish last year and was about 20th in line but got everything I wanted. I plan on going a little earlier this year. They also have a lot of cool promotions/free stuff throughout the day.

Also, we should all hang out.

Repo Records in Philly have their full list and prices up at http://www.reporecords.com/ .

I heard mixed reviews about last years, but it still a pretty solid list they got in or at least plan on getting in. The only records I can think of off hand that I want that they won't be carrying are Botch and Portugal. the Man.

I lived in Winter Park about 8 years ago. When I was there, there was a little shop down the street (can't remember which street) that had recently opened up called Hullaballoo Records(spelling?). It was really awesome, and the guy and his wife that owned it were super nice. Park Ave. is awesome too.

anyone in minneapolis? trying to figure out which store to hit up first

I'd say avoid Electric Fetus MPLS at all costs, they're the most publicized and ridiculous for long lines starting at 3am.

last year I did this: Extreme Noise, Treehouse, Cheapo Uptown, Hymie's, Down In The Valley Golden Valley and Crystal and Cheapo Blaine. I got screwed out of Nirvana by a dude blocking me from getting it but I got pretty much everything else. controlthebleeding got me a Pinback 7" (thanks again Mike) and I picked up Piebald for someone.

Treehouse is normally my favorite store to hit up, they open at 9am. I've been asking Extreme Noise what their open time is this year, they said they don't know yet. last year was 8am so it worked out the best for store hopping.

I'm hoping to spend a LOT less money this year though, I went too nuts and bought so many things I didn't intend to find.

thanks, yea id have to drive to MPLS cuz thats the closest store. wasnt going to go to electric fetus, debating on going to cheapos or Hymies first. Or this place called discland in bloomington. ive never been there but its the closest to where i live. Where is treehouse ive never heard of it?

Hitting up Love Garden here in Lawrence, then heading out to KC to hit up various spots out there. Granted, I'm taking off the first two weekends this month for Middle of the Map and C2E2, meaning I will be both a) broke and B) working on the 21st, so I won't be able to get in line. I'll have to wait until after work, but there's so much stuff, even if I can only snag a quarter of what I'm interested in, I'll be happy.

• 2 weeks later...
I'll be waiting by my cellphone for news that someone near a record store either found both Anberlins and the Mae release or not, then online the rest of the day hoping to track them down if they weren't able to.

You can call certain record stores already and see if they have those records in stock already. just a tip.

I'll be waiting by my cellphone for news that someone near a record store either found both Anberlins and the Mae release or not, then online the rest of the day hoping to track them down if they weren't able to.

You can call certain record stores already and see if they have those records in stock already. just a tip.

Yeah for sure. I actually meant there's someone out there who lives near record stores (I don't) who's looking for those releases for me, and I'll be waiting to hear from them about it. I wish I had a record store near me that got RSD releases in.

Is anberlin's albums going to be hard to get you think?

I don't think so...Cities wasn't terribly difficult to get, especially given that Tooth and Nail put it in their online store shortly after RSD and it stayed there for sale for almost a year..and that's Anberlin's most popular album. The other two are popular but not nearly as popular, so they'll be easier to find I think. Anyone agree/disagree?

Last year I went to vintage vinyl at around 6:45 and was around 100 people deep. I'm wondering what time I'm going to have to get myself up this year to at least be relatively close to the door.

yea man, I got there last year at 7 and had to wait in line for over 3 hours. This year Im shooting for 5am

Last year I went to vintage vinyl at around 6:45 and was around 100 people deep. I'm wondering what time I'm going to have to get myself up this year to at least be relatively close to the door.

yea man, I got there last year at 7 and had to wait in line for over 3 hours. This year Im shooting for 5am

Was planning on doing Vintage Vinyl as I'm pulling into NJ in the morning. Guess I'm going straight there. Yikes

Yeah, the way I figure it is I'm going to be waiting in line for around three hours whether I get there at 5 or 7. I might as well get there earlier so I have a better shot of getting what I want.