Where Do You Plan On Going For RSD Day 2012?

I've got a nice spread going on. I'll be on tour for RSD, but our show that day is at the Variety Playhouse in Atlanta. Just a few blocks away from Criminal Records!

My wife will be hitting up Music Millenium and Everyday Music here in Portland for me.

And my Dad will be on the lookout for stuff I want in Virginia - Plan 9 Music, Melody Supreme, and Sidetracks.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bull City Records in Durham, NC. Any fellow Triangle VCers out there?

Yuuup.

I'm way closer to Schoolkids in Raleigh, though.

I live in Garner (boo) and placed an order online in hopes that I get what I want, but I picked like 25 things so I'll prob be dropping 500 bucks if I get it all... which I assume I won't.

The crucial item is Tomahawk, but I hope to get Phish and Battles, too.

I'll prob go to Schoolkids and grab the few very rare necessary items so that if I don't get them I'm covered and can trade around for what I didn't get.

Bull City is great though... sometimes I can sneak out there for a few minutes on the way from my office in the American Tobacco Campus to the office in the Research Triangle Park, but I look even more square than I am in work attire.

Chaz is a class-act!

I've been considering driving up to Exclusive Company in Milwaukee one of the two there after I work at 5pm, but I may just wait and go on Sunday afternoon and see whats left at that point so I can be at my computer when the dine alone stuff goes up.

Last year I went to the Exclusive in Milwaukee on Brady Street. Woke up about 20 mins before opening walked down the street and got there a couple mins before opening. Grabbed a couple RSD releases (I think I have since sold all of them). Then I went through the used records for an hour since it was Buy One Get One on used records. Got about 10 (I think I still have all of these). Then I went back to bed because my girlfriend was still sleeping. The profits from the RSD releases paid for the used records that I actually like.

This is my exact plan for this year.

I've been considering driving up to Exclusive Company in Milwaukee one of the two there after I work at 5pm, but I may just wait and go on Sunday afternoon and see whats left at that point so I can be at my computer when the dine alone stuff goes up.

Last year I went to the Exclusive in Milwaukee on Brady Street. Woke up about 20 mins before opening walked down the street and got there a couple mins before opening. Grabbed a couple RSD releases (I think I have since sold all of them). Then I went through the used records for an hour since it was Buy One Get One on used records. Got about 10 (I think I still have all of these). Then I went back to bed because my girlfriend was still sleeping. The profits from the RSD releases paid for the used records that I actually like.

This is my exact plan for this year.

I've been to both that one and the one in Greenfield I think I prefer that one. I just dont know if I'll make it on record store day since I'm working and it takes about 45 to an hour to get up there. But that sounds like a really good deal. There just seems to be a few things I'm actually wanting this year.

Bull City Records in Durham, NC. Any fellow Triangle VCers out there?

Yuuup.

I live in Garner (boo) and placed an order online in hopes that I get what I want, but I picked like 25 things so I'll prob be dropping 500 bucks if I get it all... which I assume I won't.

I'll prob go to Schoolkids and grab the few very rare necessary items so that if I don't get them I'm covered and can trade around for what I didn't get.

Bull City is great though... sometimes I can sneak out there for a few minutes on the way from my office in the American Tobacco Campus to the office in the Research Triangle Park, but I look even more square than I am in work attire.

Chaz is a class-act!

wait wait wait. schoolkids is taking orders???

all i want for christmas is Hvarf/Heim and that Ra Ra Riot 7"...i shall injure people to get them.

american tobacco must be a nice place to work. love it over there. i'm gonna try to get to a Bulls game this weekend.

I haven't decided yet there are two really good stores for RSD.

Eucid Records - Long line and then a free for all inside. I was lucky I i got there early last year because people were just reaching over people to grab stuff and it was very disorganized inside. I do like this store better and sometimes if you know what you are looking for you can get it and go.

Vintage Vinyl - Very well organized and you had to wait in line then one by one you got to go through the stuff. I went there after Euclid last year and the people who were in line well before the place opened were still in line but they had a shitload of product. So you wait in line longer but it is easier to get what you want and they have free beer and food.

As much as I love Amoeba, I'm gonna stay away from that place on that day and hit up Vacation Vinyl.

Does Vacation get a good amount of the exclusives? I went to Amoeba last year and kind of liked their system. I didn't get crushed from behind by big hairy men like I did the year before lol*

*that's what she said

As much as I love Amoeba, I'm gonna stay away from that place on that day and hit up Vacation Vinyl.

Does Vacation get a good amount of the exclusives? I went to Amoeba last year and kind of liked their system. I didn't get crushed from behind by big hairy men like I did the year before lol*

*that's what she said

I liked their system too. The basically gave out lists to everyone in line and you would basically mark off the records you were interested in picking up. When they let you in (They were letting people into the store in increments of 10 until the store officially opened) and they had your stuff ready at the counter. Pretty good system, very organized and straight forward.

But this year, I'm attending at Fingerprints in Long Beach, Ca. They have an exclusive TBS album that they're only selling at that location, so I figure it'd be worth it.

I really wanted to go to Fingerprints for the Horrible Crowes exclusive, but my friend and I decided that in the time we would spend getting down there we could be closer to the front of the line at Amoeba

Yuuup.

Chaz is a class-act!

all i want for christmas is Hvarf/Heim and that Ra Ra Riot 7"...i shall injure people to get them.

american tobacco must be a nice place to work. love it over there. i'm gonna try to get to a Bulls game this weekend.

No, not Schoolkids, Strictly Discs online.

So I'll go to Schoolkids on Saturday and grab the few things I must have in case they don't get sent to me.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for the two you're after.

I'm not gunning for either so I can try to hook you up if you have no luck.

Pretty self explanatory.

I myself will be going to good old Vintage Vinyl here in NJ. Going to have to get there in the wee hours of the morning. Last year I sat in line to get in for 3 hours.

Last year I was 3rd in line at V Vinyl and the dude second in line had like 4 of his friends come like a half hour before doors and i almost didnt get my menzingers record because they were all getting it and it was limited to like 5, lucky i worked out a deal with the guy first in line ans he grabbed me one.

But this year, I'm attending at Fingerprints in Long Beach, Ca. They have an exclusive TBS album that they're only selling at that location, so I figure it'd be worth it.

And don't forget the exclusive red vinyl Horrible Crowes 7" they'll have too. If you want to pick me up one of those, I'll make you a very wealthy person. :)

Last year I was 3rd in line at V Vinyl and the dude second in line had like 4 of his friends come like a half hour before doors and i almost didnt get my menzingers record because they were all getting it and it was limited to like 5, lucky i worked out a deal with the guy first in line ans he grabbed me one.

I remember those assholes. They were walking out with the records as I was going in.

No, not Schoolkids, Strictly Discs online.

So I'll go to Schoolkids on Saturday and grab the few things I must have in case they don't get sent to me.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for the two you're after.

I'm not gunning for either so I can try to hook you up if you have no luck.

ah okay. thank you. i'll do the same for you