Where Do You Plan On Going For RSD Day 2012?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will probably wind up at Repo Records in Philly this year. I went to Vintage Vinyl last year in the cold and got mostly what I wanted, but that was easier when I lived in Newark. I will attempt to pick up some leftovers at Generation the next day since I will be up in NYC for Refused.

I will probably wind up at Repo Records in Philly this year. I went to Vintage Vinyl last year in the cold and got mostly what I wanted, but that was easier when I lived in Newark. I will attempt to pick up some leftovers at Generation the next day since I will be up in NYC for Refused.

OMG it was so damn cold that day. I got there an hour before doors and got nothing I wanted. :( What time did you get there?

OMG it was so damn cold that day. I got there an hour before doors and got nothing I wanted. :( What time did you get there?

I got there around 5:30 or 6. The only thing that kept me going was the Sonic we picked up down the street. haha The only two records I missed out on were the Menzingers Chamberlain Waits and Piebald's 3LP due to still being relatively far back in line. I wound up getting Piebald later that day from Rise's eBay so it wasn't too bad.

My fiancee wound up going to Holdfast in Asbury and scored some awesome Chunksaah stuff and Bouncing Souls Live at Generation on Red. I would rather go to Holdfast this year, but there is no way I can make it out to NJ on Saturday.

This year I hope I am able to get some of what is on my list. Repo hasn't listed the second half of their list yet so I am not sure about that status of any records past the letter "N." But so far the only major disappointments are I won't be able to get that Botch record since they won't be carrying it and I will miss out on the Portugal. The Man performance / record release. But I much prefer Repo's $5.99 price tag on the Dave Hause 7" as opposed to VVinyl's $14.99 which is crazy.

Probably spend the day walking around checking out a bunch of places in Toronto. Start at Sunrise (shitty, but open the earliest), then Kops, Rotate This, both Sonic Booms and lastly check out Vortex. I figure after the first or second I should get the RSD titles I want, the rest will be checking out the sales.

only place I can make it to is OZ Music in Tuscaloosa, gonna try and hit them up right when they open, then drive down to Waverly to catch The Old 280 Boogie....freaking hate that they keeping making The Boogie on the same day as RSD, thankfully Alabama's A-Day isn't also on the same day this year

Probably spend the day walking around checking out a bunch of places in Toronto. Start at Sunrise (shitty, but open the earliest), then Kops, Rotate This, both Sonic Booms and lastly check out Vortex. I figure after the first or second I should get the RSD titles I want, the rest will be checking out the sales.

if there was really anything interesting that i was desperate for that would be my plan too - sunrise does suck - but yeah the open early aspect helps to then get something and boot up to another store.

most likely the same as what i did last year- turn it up in northampton, and then going across the street to newbury comics for whatever i couldnt find there.

but my friend works at turn it up, and asked if id want to check out some other stores with him, just so he can get a little more excitement out of the day, rather than just sitting in his own store.

Last year I went to criminal. The line to get in and out in the morning wasn't that bad. Then when I was leaving I saw the dude who runs ghetto josh bringing the foundation/meantime split to criminal so I went back and had to wait in line another hour.

This year I haven't decided between criminal and decatur cd. Since there are a lot less releases I want this year I may go to decatur because I expect them to not be as busy