FREE HAVE HEART 7 INCH

I can thankfully afford the 20$ hit on records that where not at the top of my priority list. But a lot of people can not. although it was "free" you post something on a record message board saying free 7" 100% of the people think its a record.

Now who is to say the whole mystery box delay was just a story so they could post free 7" to get certain people to buy more from them. It just seems fishy.

The fourth 7" bonus got held up and wasn't going to be ready in time. So, we went ahead with the other three. THEN, we get word that that 4th bonus will be ready first, and it shows up before the others After we already launched the pre-orders.

there is the quote. just something doesnt feel right.

Just do what I am going to do. no paypal claims or anything. Just dont support them anymore at all. That simple. they made over $5000 last weekend good for them. I bet half of that would not have been ordered if not for this promo

this was 100% done in good fun, not to scam anyone. We threw in a free CD with each order, didn't charge for the item, went to great lengths to make it funny and collectible (hand numbered glue pocket covers, different color variants, a pun-y marketing sticker). Judging from the positive emails and feeback that I've gotten for the most part people get the joke and can laugh along with it.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can thankfully afford the 20$ hit on records that where not at the top of my priority list. But a lot of people can not. although it was "free" you post something on a record message board saying free 7" 100% of the people think its a record.

Now who is to say the whole mystery box delay was just a story so they could post free 7" to get certain people to buy more from them. It just seems fishy.

The fourth 7" bonus got held up and wasn't going to be ready in time. So, we went ahead with the other three. THEN, we get word that that 4th bonus will be ready first, and it shows up before the others After we already launched the pre-orders.

Just do what I am going to do. no paypal claims or anything. Just dont support them anymore at all. That simple. they made over $5000 last weekend good for them. I bet half of that would not have been ordered if not for this promo

this was 100% done in good fun, not to scam anyone. We threw in a free CD with each order, didn't charge for the item, went to great lengths to make it funny and collectible (hand numbered glue pocket covers, different color variants, a pun-y marketing sticker). Judging from the positive emails and feeback that I've gotten for the most part people get the joke and can laugh along with it.

Yes you probably got plenty of positive email's BUT if you sold 500 and 50 will never buy from you again was it worth it?

monsterrod and jcamps are the voices of reason in this thread.

and its not just international people that got boned shipping, its the 80% of us that clicked media mail and had it changed to priority/first class on the next page. i was pretty pissed about being out $5 over that anyway, now i'm just more mad.

Was the messed up shipping part of the joke too? Cause falsely leading folks to orders then jacking shipping wreaks of scam.

monsterrod and jcamps are the voices of reason in this thread.

and its not just international people that got boned shipping, its the 80% of us that clicked media mail and had it changed to priority/first class on the next page. i was pretty pissed about being out $5 over that anyway, now i'm just more mad.

Was the messed up shipping part of the joke too? Cause falsely leading folks to orders then jacking shipping wreaks of scam.

naw i think its just some glitch with their webstore.

Yeah because of the way this went down (it feels like you intentionally misled customers to place orders with the promise of a free record) I won't be ordering from B9 again and I'm gonna make sure the vinyl buyer at work doesnt order anymore b9 stuff.

Misleading customers doesn't seem very punk to me...

I'm not even bummed. I think it's funny personally, but I also think it's kind of fucked up for people that ordered an unnecessary order that love Have Heart and wanted to keep their collection complete.

But seriously, please tell me there are variants for this with different amounts per color haha. PLEASE POST THE PRESSING INFO PLEASE B9

100 blue

400 red

hellllll yesssss. can someone say ebay timeeeeee? ;)

Yeah because of the way this went down (it feels like you intentionally misled customers to place orders with the promise of a free record) I won't be ordering from B9 again and I'm gonna make sure the vinyl buyer at work doesnt order anymore b9 stuff.

Judging by your record list, you didn't seem to be a big purchaser of their records anyway. Besides, he never said it was a record so it's your own fault for being misled.

Judging by your record list, you didn't seem to be a big purchaser of their records anyway. Besides, he never said it was a record so it's your own fault for being misled.

this is a stupid defense. if someone posts "free seven inch" on a message board dedicated to records, you really think people should be fine with not receiving a record?

No you're right I'm not, but I wont be a customer anymore either. And again you're right they didn't say it was a record, but they called it a 7" and posted what looked like a 7" cover in a plastic bag, on a record message board. That seems incredibly misleading to me. I get it was a joke, and if I hadn't ordered I'd probably be laughing, but I spent $20 I wouldn't have, had I not been promised a free record for doing so...

Bait-and-switch is a form of fraud, most commonly used in retail sales but also applicable to other contexts. First, customers are "baited" by advertising for a product or service at a low price; second, the customers discover that the advertised good is not available and are "switched" to a costlier product.

The goal of the bait-and-switch is to persuade buyers to purchase the substitute goods as a means of avoiding disappointment over not getting the bait, or as a way to recover sunk costs expended to try to obtain the bait. It suggests that the seller will not show the original product or service advertised but instead will demonstrate a more expensive product or a similar product with a higher margin.

Bait-and-switch is a form of fraud, most commonly used in retail sales but also applicable to other contexts. First, customers are "baited" by advertising for a product or service at a low price; second, the customers discover that the advertised good is not available and are "switched" to a costlier product.

The goal of the bait-and-switch is to persuade buyers to purchase the substitute goods as a means of avoiding disappointment over not getting the bait, or as a way to recover sunk costs expended to try to obtain the bait. It suggests that the seller will not show the original product or service advertised but instead will demonstrate a more expensive product or a similar product with a higher margin.

How is that relevant? What did you buy that you didn't receive? not trying to be a jerk about it but a few people are trying to make this into something that it isn't.