Music on Vinyl (White Zombie- Astro Creep)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the sound and overall quality on the MoV releases i've got have been really good btw...comparable to MoFi releases, which are just as expensive and are domestic releases...

so, for albums i really want, i don't mind the price...

I agree with this 100%. I bitch about over priced records quite a bit but MoV always puts out top notch records and it one of the very few companies that actually provides bang for the buck. Last MoV release I purchased was the red version of QOTSA - Lullabies to Paralyze and it trumps my OG copy.

On most MoV releases, I just wait till it's been out for some time and then pick it up on eBay for significantly less than the retail price. I didn't see this thread till today so I'm pretty stoked about the repress. I regret selling my glow in the dark version 10 years ago but I was in a bind financially so it had to be done.

• 3 weeks later...
the sound and overall quality on the MoV releases i've got have been really good btw...comparable to MoFi releases, which are just as expensive and are domestic releases...

so, for albums i really want, i don't mind the price...

Last MoV release I purchased was the red version of QOTSA - Lullabies to Paralyze and it trumps my OG copy.

really??? i do prefer my OG copy of Lullabies over the MoV. Reckon the extra tracks and the fact they are spread out over the 4 sides of the OG make it the better in my book. i have no issues with the sound quality either. both versions sound great. if anything, the MoV is a little 'compressed' sounding (for lack of a better term) in my ears. Similar to the PJ - Vitalogy reissue.

Maybe its just me.....

Last MoV release I purchased was the red version of QOTSA - Lullabies to Paralyze and it trumps my OG copy.

really??? i do prefer my OG copy of Lullabies over the MoV. Reckon the extra tracks and the fact they are spread out over the 4 sides of the OG make it the better in my book. i have no issues with the sound quality either. both versions sound great. if anything, the MoV is a little 'compressed' sounding (for lack of a better term) in my ears. Similar to the PJ - Vitalogy reissue.

Maybe its just me.....

I prefer the MOV version to the OG from a sound perspective I think. Mine just sounds so clean and nice. Agree with everything else.

MOV is just expensive. I'll probably end up grabbing the this Zombie anyway for nostalgia. I'd like to see some pics as well.

Maybe its just me.....

Having the added tracks on the OG is nice. I just prefer the sound quality of the MoV over the OG copy but they're both awesome.

I'm considering getting it from Sound Stage Direct...free media mail shipping on orders of $29.99 or more...so it'd be slightly cheaper I guess...anyone ever bought from SSD before? How are they with their packing and shipping?
SSD is very solid, they pack the shit out of their records and are generally nice people. But you should order from Last Right's Records because that guy is awesome.

http://lastrightsrecords.storenvy.com/collections/13102-all-products

I'm considering getting it from Sound Stage Direct...free media mail shipping on orders of $29.99 or more...so it'd be slightly cheaper I guess...anyone ever bought from SSD before? How are they with their packing and shipping?

Pretty much the absolute cheapest option is from this place on eBay (they charge tax to CA residents). I purchased one a few days ago and have done business with them in the past, they pack well and ship very quickly. Another plus is that they insure all packages. It's only a buck difference than Sound Stage though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/White-Zombie-LA-SEXORCISTO-DEVIL-MUSIC-VOL-1-180g-HQ-New-COLORED-Vinyl-LP-/160789872045?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item256fd2bdad#ht_1173wt_1037

SSD is very solid, they pack the shit out of their records and are generally nice people. But you should order from Last Right's Records because that guy is awesome.

http://lastrightsrecords.storenvy.com/collections/13102-all-products

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it! I understand that people want the cheapest price and sometimes it's hard for me to compete price wise with the bigger stores. With that said though, I did have these as a part of my RSD sale, which would've brought the cost down to around $32.89 shipped.

Post some pics.

Sounds fantastic as I expected. MoV is expensive but they always put out a quality product. Happy to have this since I had to unfortunately sell my OG glow copy 10 years ago. They should have used the art from the original inner sleeve but that obviously is not a big deal at all. Glad I grabbed one off SirenDisc on eBay as he appears to have sold out.

[image]

I thought this was supposed to be clear vinyl?

I would call it marbled transparent white. I couldn't care less about the color, I'm just happy it sounds fantastic.

agreed. this thing is brutal and i love the fucking black sleeve with the inner plastic lining; i wish all presses came like this, as to not give our records paper surface scratches. i recently picked up 300 paper/plastic-lined sleeves and switched out my records. grab this MOV release, it is top shit!

[image]