PO: Mae - Destination Beautiful

Just reminds me how messed up the world is when I missed this because I was waiting on money while someone else buys two copies so they can listen to it at either end of their house. While on the other end of the spectrum their are kids in the other parts of the world who haven't even got to listen to Mae at all. > Poor bastards.  Your not quite at the top of the pyramid though. That's reserved for those who can afford to have bands play at their house or wedding or something.  What goes around comes around I suppose. If you ever feel like spreading the love, get at me.

I had a band play at my wedding. Ok we are getting off topic. If you are waiting on money ask a board member to buy you one? Credit card? Also one set up at home, other at work. I'm not a silver spoon kid either. I agree with you that this whole flipper madness and high record prices is lame don't get me wrong. I just came on here to post I liked the new jacket better. It's a matte finish and the other has a slight gloss. Hopefully Spartan presses more for what I think is a clear enough demand. Best of luck to you getting one.

I'm mostly annoyed by people who collect variants, to a lesser extent people who can afford a luxury second copy (this is more understandable)

If you are waiting on money ask a board member to buy you one? Credit card?

Don't like to get into debt, especially for a luxury item. however I do beleive that if spartan did one pressing of 1000 on black, I would have been able to pick this up. I can't help but feel like alot of labels these days are taking advantage of people who collect variants (not that I give a fuck about that).

Would still own two copies of this if only one variant.

Marty-McFly.gif

I know a guy who allegedly collected an entire set of BTBAM's Colors - all variants, both presses - and is in the process of doing it again. Two copies of every variant. Both presses. "Just because." That .GIF does a pretty adequate job capturing my feels on that concept.

I'm mostly annoyed by people who collect variants, to a lesser extent people who can afford a luxury second copy (this is more understandable)

Don't like to get into debt, especially for a luxury item. however I do beleive that if spartan did one pressing of 1000 on black, I would have been able to pick this up. I can't help but feel like alot of labels these days are taking advantage of people who collect variants (not that I give a fuck about that).

I'd say labels definitley want to make sure they sellout all of what they paid for. I also think most don't care who is buying as long as it is selling. I've always found variant collecting odd (but I don't mind that people do it).

I'm not sure color would make a difference if the record was still limited in quantity and really well liked. Tooth And Nail did a few 1000 pressings of black for artists like Mae, Anberlin, etc... those sold out fairly quick as well.