PO: Mae - Destination Beautiful

My wife and I saw Mae at The Chain Reaction on Valentine's Day back when we were in high-school. That was probably the last time I listened to Mae. Not because I dislike them, I just never really followed them much after that.

The only reason I bought the Hold On pressing is because I still listen to Name Taken every now and again, plus getting my band to play a show with them was a life goal of mine haha. I also saw Name Taken and Bayside at The Chain when their split EP came out. That shit was amazing.

Justification!

Other than As Cities Burn, I think Mae is an exception. Since this and the everglow will both be pressed, Mae's done for vinyl. Then you already have Underoath, Emery, Anberlin which I think goes to their extent of bands that I have broken in both secular and christian markets. But I could be wrong. (I'm only speaking in terms of Tooth and Nail, not Solid State)

yes you should go to RSD.com and keep refreshing it until the album you want appears. It's completely random and they only have 1 listing at a time. It's like Russian Roullette for albums. Don't got to your local record store as record store day is NOT about supporting local independent record stores. All of the releases are ONLY available on RSD and only available randomly.

i think he is, sadly.

think about it dude. record STORE day.

lol i know the whole concept is just throwing me off when people talk about records going up online. im guessing the store's website?

When I mention them going up online, I'm referring to whenever/if Tooth and Nail decides to sell extra copies of their RSD releases in their webstore. Until about 2 weeks ago, T&N was still selling copies of Anberlin's "Cities" in their webstore from last year's Record Store Day. So the thinking goes that T&N will do the same for the Anberlin and Mae albums. However, if they choose to sell copies online, they won't put them in their webstore until some unknown time after RSD, if I remember correctly. Cities just appeared there awhile after RSD, no rhyme or reason to it.

Yeah any RSD releases can be posted online the day after RSD by stores and such. But the whole idea of RSD is to go to the Record Store and buy the records locally at independent record stores. You can go to the site and see what stores are near you, then go there and fight for the records you want if the stores that are near you even got the records you're looking for.