Comedy Re-issue for next rsd?

Louis CK is my favorite comedian. That said, I don't know that I would actually spring $25 for a 2XLP recording of any of his shows when I can both hear AND see him on DVD for around $12 to $15. Though, at some point the novelty of having him on vinyl might just appeal to me enough to want to pick up the LP's.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I contacted Comedy Central about licensing these for vinyl a year or two ago. They said they don't like to license their records and that their lawyer fees would probably be more than they would make off the deal. haha

Stand Up records seems to have a lock on doing vinyl versions of comedy records so maybe they could swing it.

Good to know, I will try to put in a call but if this is the case then would anyone be interested in some re-issues of older stuff that was already on vinyl like cheech and chong, richard pryor, eddie murphy etc....?

All of that stuff is very easy to find and cheap. Reissuing it would be pointless.

I'd be into Paul F Tompkins

Very much this. I almost htink he'd do a PF500 thing where if 500 people pledged to buy the damn thing, he'd fingure out how to press it, kind of like he did shows a while back.

"If 300 people express demand for me to perform somewhere, I'll go there. All you'll have to do is show up."

I think a 7' split of Band / Comedian would be cool

I know Patton Oswalt did a split with the Melvins

Wasn't Werewolves And Lollipops done on a limited vinyl run when it was released? I fucking love Patton and specifically that album. Would love to see that get repressed. I back Bill Hicks as well.

Yep - its and Feelin Kinda Patton both got pressed. Can still get both on amazon though