IVWT Banned?

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can we get back on the topic of why an order for 3 copies of Thursday - Waiting were ordered under a false name (the name itself real, but the person ordering was not the person identified as ordering) was made by someone at SRC when they have access to the same distributor Brian does that has copies available? shadiness is shady.

What does SRC have to gain from this "shadiness"? I am assuming a distributor takes a long time with a complicated ordering process, whereas IVWT has a 30 second checkout time (with a little more cost than the distributor).

Not saying I support the IVWT banning, but I don't get why this was anything more than a regular purchase. If they are "wiping out competition" why did they buy records from him? Like "I hate the yankees so I am going to buy a ticket to their game and boo them".

your point made sense up until the part where brian called and emailed to make sure everything about the order was legit (because regardless of the ease of ordering, it is unusual to get an order from a competing distro that has made a point to show disdain towards you before) and instead of explaining why they wanted the records, they chose to ban him. seemed premeditated. but feel free to believe that this was a totally normal situation where a distro orders 3 copies of a random record they have access to under a false identity. makes way more sense your way.

What does SRC have to gain from this "shadiness"? I am assuming a distributor takes a long time with a complicated ordering process, whereas IVWT has a 30 second checkout time (with a little more cost than the distributor).

Not saying I support the IVWT banning, but I don't get why this was anything more than a regular purchase. If they are "wiping out competition" why did they buy records from him? Like "I hate the yankees so I am going to buy a ticket to their game and boo them".

your point made sense up until the part where brian called and emailed to make sure everything about the order was legit (because regardless of the ease of ordering, it is unusual to get an order from a competing distro that has made a point to show disdain towards you before) and instead of explaining why they wanted the records, they chose to ban him. seemed premeditated. but feel free to believe that this was a totally normal situation where a distro orders 3 copies of a random record they have access to under a false identity. makes way more sense your way.

His point is valid. You think SRC placed an order for three Thursday LPs knowing that IVWT dude would call them and ask what was up, so they could band him from their website because of it? I don't follow that logic at all.

His point is valid. You think SRC placed an order for three Thursday LPs knowing that IVWT dude would call them and ask what was up, so they could band him from their website because of it? I don't follow that logic at all.

not necessarily. something obviously doesn't add up though.

But what does SRC have to gain from that purchase? Only answer I can come up with is nothing. I have no bias towards or against SRC, I just think it's weird people aren't asking these questions since they obviously care so much.

exactly. just because we dont know exactly what the reasoning was, there was clearly something fishy afoot. and the fact that they banned Brian as opposed to finishing the transaction (which again was done using the name of someone who has already said they had nothing to do with it) screams oddity. but again, for those who want to just sit back and back a "company" that has recently shown they are in wayyyyyy over their heads and are grasping at straws, go ahead. plenty of people thought George W Bush was doing a bang up job, and plenty think Rick "frothy mixture of lube and fecal matter that is sometimes the by-product of anal sex" would be a good president, so i dont expect everyone to use their brain.

But what does SRC have to gain from that purchase? Only answer I can come up with is nothing. I have no bias towards or against SRC, I just think it's weird people aren't asking these questions since they obviously care so much.

i dont know but on the surface it makes absolutely no sense. its petty. its actually embarrassing, really. id say theres more to it.

whats disappointing for me is that this supposed "community" clearly isnt really looked at as a community by the people running it and they could do the same to any other label / distro.

I, personally at this point...all 8 pages so far of pulling pud...feel that I can neither formulate an opinion based on what little we do know. And I say "little" because it seems to me that neither party involved has given us the full-on story and maybe they never will.

So SRC ordered 3 copies of a record...for whatever reason, who cares...IVWT thought it was shady and asked them about it...however IVWT went about asking is whatever...then they got banned after some point. Whatever the real reasons for said banning, who knows...and we may never know.

All this talk about jumping ship and the pitchfork-weilding mob mentality of new admins and mods, is a bit over-reactive and almost knee-jerk reflex. Same exact shit happen when Virgilgate was exposed and things went down. Nothing really changed after the dust all settled.

Would it be any different if say Tre or Jake from Deathwish would have been banned? How about the Enjoy The Ride people?

I honestly don't know. Nor do I care anymore about the SRC vs. IVWT thing. Surely some would expect me to side with SRC because I mod the board, but that is far from the case. It all to me has very little impact on my daily life and record-buying habits. Sooooo...hence my indifference and apathy towards it all.

/rant (that probably doesn't make much sense)

ITT: A company's address (that happens to sell records) is private info

Maybe if they make it private. But if they make a concerted effort to post the address, and make it known. Than no it is not private info.

Plus depending on the business model, the company address may very well be public info regardless if you want it to be or not.

My address is required to be public info, and I'm just an LLC

Way too many variables, and I'm not legally educated in the least bit, by the farthest stretch of imagination, maybe The Mean can expand on this. You have piqued my interest now.

I, personally at this point...all 8 pages so far of pulling pud...feel that I can neither formulate an opinion based on what little we do know. And I say "little" because it seems to me that neither party involved has given us the full-on story and maybe they never will.

So SRC ordered 3 copies of a record...for whatever reason, who cares...IVWT thought it was shady and asked them about it...however IVWT went about asking is whatever...then they got banned after some point. Whatever the real reasons for said banning, who knows...and we may never know.

All this talk about jumping ship and the pitchfork-weilding mob mentality of new admins and mods, is a bit over-reactive and almost knee-jerk reflex. Same exact shit happen when Virgilgate was exposed and things went down. Nothing really changed after the dust all settled.

Would it be any different if say Tre or Jake from Deathwish would have been banned? How about the Enjoy The Ride people?

I honestly don't know. Nor do I care anymore about the SRC vs. IVWT thing. Surely some would expect me to side with SRC because I mod the board, but that is far from the case. It all to me has very little impact on my daily life and record-buying habits. Sooooo...hence my indifference and apathy towards it all.

/rant (that probably doesn't make much sense)

i hope thats not what you think im doing. honestly, if we would have learned our lesson from the whole virgil thing and given the board to something other than a distro, this wouldnt have happened again. im only saying new mods because you should have to deal with this shit alone, and we need a little bit more balance. sorry for trying to lend a helping hand if what i bolded above is what you think im doing here, sincerely.