IVWT Banned?

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bid $1 for take over of this message board from SRC!

I will bid some money to either new ownership, depending on whom or the group to be elected, or a new fancy forum.

Maybe there is some deep-seated hate for deadformat but any input on their forum? I mean all which is on here is on there as well? Of course VC is better and more awesome and nicer people, but just curious. Can't believe I am asking but I am worried about being lonely. :(

I have only used deadformat for cataloging. almost forgot they had a forum.

This is supposed to be a vinyl community. Not a sales resource for you. You knew that going in.

THIS. and i was excited when SRC took over for virgil cause i thought it could finally be that.

also

In all honesty, that info is already available on the SRC site itself. The address is a company address, if it was a home address/home phone number/personal address it may be a tad different.

I actually like the SRC guys, they have always been super nice to me, and order from my label occasionally. I just think they (like Virgil) got in way over their head, and in the money chase, did a lot of the same stuff, putting up pre-orders for records from other places, listing a ton of stock, which is not actually in stock and hoping the distributor has it available when someone orders etc.

Deffinitely a very shady company, but made of up of good people.. doing shady things. If that makes sense. The fight to become a profitable company, can turn good people into doing some bad things. I could honestly make a lot more than I do with my label if I had sacrificed some of my ethic

agree with this 100%

JENNA, i understand that you are busy and not on these boards all day every day, and i honestly dont expect you to be, but i hope you at least take the time to read the posts, specially when they have to do with you directly and the company you work (own?) for....including, or not limited to the poll topic where 90% of people voted that IVWT should be allowed to post on VINYL COLLECTIVE.

The people of VC vote for jersey shore gifs, the end is near photos (2012), some photoshopping with money symbols (of course replace virgil with ahem), and just some good ole laughs. Please be extremely tactful and respectful to the great higher-ups. I am purely a messenger as over 5,400 people requested that I make this Quick Reply.

This is supposed to be a vinyl community. Not a sales resource for you. You knew that going in.

THIS. and i was excited when SRC took over for virgil cause i thought it could finally be that.

same shit happened when virgil was running the board. once the shit started to hit the fan, he told robotic empire they couldnt post their distro list anywhere on the board (but in fairness, he didnt go to the extreme of banning anyone... that came later. hah.).

anyway, everything always starts with the best of intentions but eventually devolves into what we have now. this is what you get when you put up the facade that what youre supporting is a community when you are really just interested in selling blink 182 records.

same shit happened when virgil was running the board. once the shit started to hit the fan, he told robotic empire they couldnt post their distro list anywhere on the board (but in fairness, he didnt go to the extreme of banning anyone... that came later. hah.).

anyway, everything always starts with the best of intentions but eventually devolves into what we have now. this is what you get when you put up the facade that what youre supporting is a community when you are really just interested in selling blink 182 records.

exactly, when push comes to shove people fall back and seem as if they have to fend for themselves. it becomes a problem (or whatever we have now and had in the past) when 'themselves' equates to a company and business to maintain and make profitable. when money is involved it seems to just fall apart over time.

it goes back to my opinion that it takes an individual's time, money, dedication, and hopefully support from others in order to ensure it runs smoothly and is managed properly. otherwise you put your mask on and then you seem to get yourself in a hole and to dig yourself out you start burying others. it is a sort of sad and vicious circle. money (for the most part and stereotyping people in general) just gets to people and those who cannot handle it allow it to finally catch up to them and get the best of them. just like virgil most people have good intentions and want the best outcome but depending on their technical prowess, moral beliefs, understanding of business, support from other experienced and level-head individuals, it eventually can cause a wonderful and full-hearted idea into something that just falls apart once slowly unraveling from the seams.

i've ordered through both. i've had an ok time ordering from SRC before although it was probably a better experience for me through IVWT. it seems like a shitty situation for all, but i hope everyone doesn't just hop on the bandwagon and this whole board goes to shit. i don't know what i'd do if i couldn't read all these threads anymore and search for records haha.

Who even technically "runs" the VC board these days?

I have more than enough resources to run a forum that has no affiliation with anyone who could profit from it in any way... as I'm sure some other folks here also so... I remember some other board starting after the VC got shut down before.

jenna's always been super friendly and helpful to me. i've never had a problem with SRC--actually, i find them to be pretty accommodating. that said, i don't agree with any users getting banned except that stupid Nazi fuck, but also, the mob mentality here is crazy.

Travis I gotta be honest I'm amazed that you are supporting SRC in this situation. If they're gonna ban IVWT and delete a thread where he can advertise the release he carries, its really not a big jump to them banning you as well. You sell the same Blink albums (albeit a faster pressed and cheaper version) so HT, is clearly a competitor of theirs. This is a lose lose situation when they start banning other distros and stores from advertising. It's a slippery slope is all I'm saying

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':kxpgagq8]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':kxpgagq8]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

i dont remember the nazi fuck, might have been before my time, but i also agree jenna has been nothing but accommodating to me whenever ive ordered something in the past.

but their respective distros actions and their online VC board actions as an administration are not the same thing. i dont think its right that IVWT should have been banned, ESPECIALLY over something so petty and

minuscule. also, i think its kind of pathetic that he cant even come here and defend himself and is forced to through another user. thats straight censorship.

src, jenna, whoever actually banned brian, nobody is going to be mad at you if you do the right thing, admit it was personal shit that made you want to ban them, and unban IVWT. over 100 people agree IVWT should be allowed a part of our community. its there in writing, you cannot deny that.

also, isnt there some sort of moderation log jhulud? cant you see who actually banned and deleted the thread?

and after typing all of this it got me thinking about what jenna said...she doesnt have time to be on this board as much as her attention is needed. like i said...i dont expect her too...but as an admin, you SHOULD.

Travis I gotta be honest I'm amazed that you are supporting SRC in this situation. If they're gonna ban IVWT and delete a thread where he can advertise the release he carries, its really not a big jump to them banning you as well. You sell the same Blink albums (albeit a faster pressed and cheaper version) so HT, is clearly a competitor of theirs. This is a lose lose situation when they start banning other distros and stores from advertising. It's a slippery slope is all I'm saying

let one distro be able to post but another not? inconsistency. if IVWT is banned, shouldnt technically travis also be banned? i dont think either should, cause they help form VINYL COLLECTIVE, but im just saying.. inconstancy.

and this also throws scotts coke vs pepsi argument out the window...cause HT is CLEARLY a competitor of src.