IVWT Banned?

first of all he was deleted after he refunded. Regardless its all stupid. If he can't be respectful and just ship the order he cant use our resources to make money.

Also you guys are supporting a company who just published someones contact info (phone and address) who purchased from them. When you provide a company with your private information do you not expect that to be in their possession safely, not posted on a forum?

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both IVWT and SRC have stocked records from my label, and I appreciate both of their business. That said, they're both competitors, and this message board (as well as vinylcollective.com) is controlled by SRC and has been for about the past 15 months. Think of it as a Coke vs. Pepsi thing—would Coke let Pepsi advertise their product on Coke property?

The simplest solution is IVWT opens up his own message board.

the information posted proves that you used fake information (the person listed has already said they did not place the order) to try and order records you could have gotten from your own distributor. you can use smoke and mirrors all you want, but the shady business rests purely in your hands. the fact that each post you make digs your hole deeper and avoids the issue entirely just perpetuates the kind of ass backward thinking that goes on at SRC. enjoy unemployment!

and from Brian's mouth:

First of all the number provided is not even valid. Secondly I contacted you twice concerning the order. Your repsonse was banning me (not to mention you haven't addressed banning me from seeing your shop even before all of this). If you don't want your warehouse info posted then delete it. You certainly had no problem deleting all of my posts.

first of all he was deleted after he refunded. Regardless its all stupid. If he can't be respectful and just ship the order he cant use our resources to make money.

You're not shipping my order I placed 40 days ago. Can I ban you?

Plus. This is supposed to be a vinyl community. Not a sales resource for you. You knew that going in. If you wanted an SRC board you should have made one or at least changed the name.

Also you guys are supporting a company who just published someones contact info (phone and address) who purchased from them. When you provide a company with your private information do you not expect that to be in their possession safely, not posted on a forum?

is this the best comeback you could do?

In all honesty, that info is already available on the SRC site itself. The address is a company address, if it was a home address/home phone number/personal address it may be a tad different.

I actually like the SRC guys, they have always been super nice to me, and order from my label occasionally. I just think they (like Virgil) got in way over their head, and in the money chase, did a lot of the same stuff, putting up pre-orders for records from other places, listing a ton of stock, which is not actually in stock and hoping the distributor has it available when someone orders etc.

Deffinitely a very shady company, but made of up of good people.. doing shady things. If that makes sense. The fight to become a profitable company, can turn good people into doing some bad things. I could honestly make a lot more than I do with my label if I had sacrificed some of my ethics/morals. But I chose not to, and just sell records through our distributors and direct to the small market of people who are still into old school punk rock.

My 2 cents....

Hey Guys. I (Jenna) did not do the banning but I have input on the situation. His stuff is not going be promoted here any more and that is that.

Reason being. There is a title we are done with and no longer carrying - Thursday Waiting. Three guys in the warehouse wanted a copy and I told them no cause we only have enough to fill orders. Told them to find it elsewhere and Danny would buy it for them/ship it to us. They found it at IVWT. He refused to sell to us and gave attitude.

We often buy records from various other companies. I buy from Interpunk often for stuff that I personally like and we do not carry. It is very childish to not let someone buy because you for some reason don't like their company.

So all in all if he is not going to let our staff buy he or his store is no longer going to promoted on here. We put a lot of time into managing and maintaining this board for everyone. We allow every company to use it for free to promote their products.

You certainly possess the ability to ban him. But he was within his right to refuse to sell to you. A business can refuse the right of service to anyone unless it's based on a discriminatory bias (race, religion, sex, etc).

IVWT was making a stand and not selling to you based on his principles. You blocked him based on what, a principle? No, the perception we have is that you banned him to be spiteful. And, that seems very, very childish.

so truly written. could not agree more.

*have been in a meeting so still reading through what all i missed the past 2 hrs.

Both IVWT and SRC have stocked records from my label, and I appreciate both of their business. That said, they're both competitors, and this message board (as well as vinylcollective.com) is controlled by SRC and has been for about the past 15 months. Think of it as a Coke vs. Pepsi thing—would Coke let Pepsi advertise their product on Coke property?

Is this sarcasm?

You make a great point with the cola analogy, but wouldn't it be easiest and in the best interest of all parties for an all-encompassing cola message board owned by an impartial third party? Imagine a place where all cola manufacturers, cola distributors, and cola connoisseurs could partake in discussion about delicious cola and advertise their sparkling, refreshing beverages.

[image]

let the boards fall apart and someone else more level-headed and competent start a forum. someone (or a small select group) who does not own a label, does not request po's, does not press records on the side, or own a taco stand that sells vinyl, etc. a nice clean board that is dedicated to vinyl releases and the likes. as much as i like ivwt i am not sure it is a good idea to keep having a forum where it is slated as being middle ground yet owned by a company.

i agree with the pepsi vs coke comment. this all seems really petty, imo not deserved but i can see why the actions which were taken may have been taken.

where are the jersey shore gifs???

ps: if a company is run in one manner should it not be expected that the entities in which they run be managed in a similar way. it is sad but fairly true that if the said company is dis-organized, making false promises, being involved with (potentially) shady business practices, that these actions will not eventually bleed into the forum as well.

Hey Guys. I (Jenna) did not do the banning but I have input on the situation. His stuff is not going be promoted here any more and that is that.

Reason being. There is a title we are done with and no longer carrying - Thursday Waiting. Three guys in the warehouse wanted a copy and I told them no cause we only have enough to fill orders. Told them to find it elsewhere and Danny would buy it for them/ship it to us. They found it at IVWT. He refused to sell to us and gave attitude.

We often buy records from various other companies. I buy from Interpunk often for stuff that I personally like and we do not carry. It is very childish to not let someone buy because you for some reason don't like their company.

So all in all if he is not going to let our staff buy he or his store is no longer going to promoted on here. We put a lot of time into managing and maintaining this board for everyone. We allow every company to use it for free to promote their products.

So they ban IVWT for this incident but then support a company who falsifies release dates and refuses to sell to people? Bunch of hypocrites. Maybe instead of banning members, they should not QQ over dumb shit and grow up. This is 'Merika, he reserves the right to sell whomever the fuck he wants or doesn't want to!

[image]

Those who live in a Glass House should not throw stones.

QQ :'(

Is this sarcasm?

You make a great point with the cola analogy, but wouldn't it be easiest and in the best interest of all parties for an all-encompassing cola message board owned by an impartial third party? Imagine a place where all cola manufacturers, cola distributors, and cola connoisseurs could partake in discussion about delicious cola and advertise their sparkling, refreshing beverages.

[image]

Faygo anyone?

That is what this board needs...Vinyl Juggalos

I bid $1 for take over of this message board from SRC!

I will bid some money to either new ownership, depending on whom or the group to be elected, or a new fancy forum.

Maybe there is some deep-seated hate for deadformat but any input on their forum? I mean all which is on here is on there as well? Of course VC is better and more awesome and nicer people, but just curious. Can't believe I am asking but I am worried about being lonely. :(