IVWT Banned?

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much drama around here. Buying, listening to and talking about records is suppose to be fun.

its the internet. there will always be drama but there would be a lot less of it here if the board had zero affiliation to any particular business / businesses. is there drama on deadformat? nothing major that i can see.

...but thats not going to happen

Hey Guys. I (Jenna) did not do the banning but I have input on the situation. His stuff is not going be promoted here any more and that is that.

Reason being. There is a title we are done with and no longer carrying - Thursday Waiting. Three guys in the warehouse wanted a copy and I told them no cause we only have enough to fill orders. Told them to find it elsewhere and Danny would buy it for them/ship it to us. They found it at IVWT. He refused to sell to us and gave attitude.

We often buy records from various other companies. I buy from Interpunk often for stuff that I personally like and we do not carry. It is very childish to not let someone buy because you for some reason don't like their company.

So all in all if he is not going to let our staff buy he or his store is no longer going to promoted on here. We put a lot of time into managing and maintaining this board for everyone. We allow every company to use it for free to promote their products.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I didn't realize this all of the sudden was the Shop Radio Cast Vinyl Collective Message board. If you're banning one specific Distro from posting and informing everyone on here of Vinyl related news or in stock items, why are you not banning all other distro's? This seems like a very childish response to a some what shady transaction. How was he to know what you were going to do with those copies, so he refused to sell them to you that's his right, just as its his right to cancel someone's order and refund them the money. I think this is petty and you should allow whoever wants to post on here post on here or else you should give up your power of running this board and give it to a neutral party who won't take sides like this.

This is just dumb.

Hey Guys. I (Jenna) did not do the banning but I have input on the situation. His stuff is not going be promoted here any more and that is that.

Reason being. There is a title we are done with and no longer carrying - Thursday Waiting. Three guys in the warehouse wanted a copy and I told them no cause we only have enough to fill orders. Told them to find it elsewhere and Danny would buy it for them/ship it to us. They found it at IVWT. He refused to sell to us and gave attitude.

We often buy records from various other companies. I buy from Interpunk often for stuff that I personally like and we do not carry. It is very childish to not let someone buy because you for some reason don't like their company.

So all in all if he is not going to let our staff buy he or his store is no longer going to promoted on here. We put a lot of time into managing and maintaining this board for everyone. We allow every company to use it for free to promote their products.

Holy shit. This is so tyrannical. If someone does something outside of the boards that SRC doesn't like, they get banned? Wow. This really brings to the forefront how shitty it is that SRC/MTS actually owns the boards now. This board is doomed.

its the internet. there will always be drama but there would be a lot less of it here if the board had zero affiliation to any particular business / businesses. is there drama on deadformat? nothing major that i can see.

Maybe, maybe not.

I'm trying to think if there was this level of drama and bullshit when the boards were run by and for Virgil/SH.

But either way...with the attitudes of some people here and there, there will always be drama.

Someone will always get their panties in a wad b/c someone called them an "idiot" or some insult in some thread about asking about a variant and not having searched threads or because they're selling something you can still get somewhere else or for being a newbie or just because...

Maybe, maybe not.

I'm trying to think if there was this level of drama and bullshit when the boards were run by and for Virgil/SH.

But either way...with the attitudes of some people here and there, there will always be drama.

Someone will always get their panties in a wad b/c someone called them an "idiot" or some insult in some thread about asking about a variant and not having searched threads or because they're selling something you can still get somewhere else or for being a newbie or just because...

sure, thats why i say there will always be "drama" but it doesnt take a genius to figure out that when the board is affiliated with a business(es) its going to carry a lot of extra baggage (as well as heavily stereotyped). it would be one thing if said businesses had their shit together but they dont. for people that have been here long enough, its like watching history repeat itself.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I didn't realize this all of the sudden was the Shop Radio Cast Vinyl Collective Message board. If you're banning one specific Distro from posting and informing everyone on here of Vinyl related news or in stock items, why are you not banning all other distro's? .... I think this is petty and you should allow whoever wants to post on here post on here or else you should give up your power of running this board and give it to a neutral party who won't take sides like this.

New name: Juan's Completist Assholes Collector Scum Vinyl Collective

At JCACSVC = Thunderdome!

Ha!

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I didn't realize this all of the sudden was the Shop Radio Cast Vinyl Collective Message board. If you're banning one specific Distro from posting and informing everyone on here of Vinyl related news or in stock items, why are you not banning all other distro's? .... I think this is petty and you should allow whoever wants to post on here post on here or else you should give up your power of running this board and give it to a neutral party who won't take sides like this.

Ha!

"Welcome to thunderdome, bitch!"

Ha!

so jcacsvc.proboards.com or thunderdome.proboards.com?

There wasn't.

I've been lurking this place since 2007 (haha), and in the past few months, this place has gone to shit. Every now and then I see a PO thread that I would have otherwise missed (see also: Juan dropping some Gentlemen Jesse knowledge last week; thanks dude!), and occasional beer talk, but that's about it. Never has this board been so caught up in how much a record costs, whether it be from a distro who is charging $1 more than another one, or in the secondary market, or how somebody is a cocksucker because they are selling a record they just got. Move on, you don't get to own everything you want. It's what makes this kinda fun; the thrill of the hunt. Also, 90% of the records we're buying these days are gonna be worth about as much as Herb Alpert jams in 15 years.

Virgil fucked up big (i think; it never affected me, and i don't know the details), but before his shit exploded, this place was awesome.

Now, almost every thread ends in bitching, name-calling, and dumb drama shit.

Edit: I did read about 10 pages of that Blink-182 Thread. Thank you all for the Shaq-filled section I read. Solid Gold. Long Live Shaqtus

Someone should post that Portlandia video where they sing about how great things were in the 90's. Why does it matter? I guess I always cared about the scene I existed in and the ethics under which the music I enjoy was sold. That matters to me as much at 35 as it did at 15. SRC has propped up a couple of totally shitty dudes. I am going to predict Brian was applying his code of ethics to this sale and stuck to his guns. There is something unsaid. What i know for a fact is that SRC has rapidly descended into a money whoring bunch that see punk rock in terms of units over the principals of DIY that always have meant a ton to me. That's their right, it's mine to say I won't deal with them in the same way I've boycotted a bunch of other places over the past 20 years of collecting and listening to music. Does this make them evil? Hell no, there are worse things in this world but it hurts their credibility as far as this element of my life is concerned.

There wasn't.

I've been lurking this place since 2007 (haha), and in the past few months, this place has gone to shit. Every now and then I see a PO thread that I would have otherwise missed (see also: Juan dropping some Gentlemen Jesse knowledge last week; thanks dude!), and occasional beer talk, but that's about it. Never has this board been so caught up in how much a record costs, whether it be from a distro who is charging $1 more than another one, or in the secondary market, or how somebody is a cocksucker because they are selling a record they just got. Move on, you don't get to own everything you want. It's what makes this kinda fun; the thrill of the hunt. Also, 90% of the records we're buying these days are gonna be worth about as much as Herb Alpert jams in 15 years.

Virgil fucked up big (i think; it never affected me, and i don't know the details), but before his shit exploded, this place was awesome.

Now, almost every thread ends in bitching, name-calling, and dumb drama shit.

Edit: I did read about 10 pages of that Blink-182 Thread. Thank you all for the Shaq-filled section I read. Solid Gold. Long Live Shaqtus

can we just delete every post in this thread except for this and sticky/lock it ?