baseball cards

so my parents sold their house and moved into a smaller place and they brought down all the stuff I still had in their basement, for me to store in my basement. got all my old baseball cards from the 80's and 90's... did anyone used to collect one player? I have to have 300+ paul molitor baseball cards, favorite player ever. my brother collected Bobby Bonilla. found an Arod rookie card, some other goodies of current future HOF players, but my favorite part was going through all the molitor cards. I started a small collection of Grif JR, but thats only around 25-30 cards. anyone collect any particular player?

anyone wanna sell me their griffeys?

i actually just grabbed a bunch of mine from my parents house last week. my boss and i have been reminiscing about cards lately. we both grew up collecting griffey... apparently he recently started collecting by year, and has all his cards from 89, 90, 91, and now hes working on 92.

I have a shit ton of basketball, football, and baseball cards at my parents as well. Trading in elementary was so intense, I have a small book full of MJ cards. Probably not worth a whole lot now. I remember I had a holographic rookie MJ card that was stolen from me. Really bummed me out in the fourth grade.

anyone wanna sell me their griffeys?

i actually just grabbed a bunch of mine from my parents house last week. my boss and i have been reminiscing about cards lately. we both grew up collecting griffey... apparently he recently started collecting by year, and has all his cards from 89, 90, 91, and now hes working on 92.

I could take some pictures and maybe we could work something out. I'd trade for records too.

I still got tons of boxes and binders loaded with cards. I went more for full sets vs individual players. Used to trade with kids in the neighborhood to complete sets. The only individual players I collected were Don Mattingly (mlb) and Grant Hill (nba).

Best thing I have from those days is a autographed Derek Jeter rookie card that I'm holding on to for the time being. Guy needs to retire and get in the hall of fame first. :D I really should get it authenticated though, I mailed it down to him, with a self addressed stamped envelope of course, in spring training before he even played a regular season game as a pro and I got it back 3 weeks later. I must have timed it perfectly, I know people that tried the same thing after I did it and none of them ever got anything back.

I collected Mickey Morandini cards. He grew up down the road from my grandparents, and they gave me his 88 Topps USA Olympic card for Christmas that year. Probably amassed 50 or so of his cards after that. His big career highlight was turning an unassisted triple play in 92 (tagging out Barry Bonds for the final out).

A year or two back, I cleared out (trashed) most of my old cards that were still sitting around my parent's house. Kept the Morandinis and a couple that I liked in a binder.

I loved baseball as a kid. I played t-ball and little league. Then when the strike happened in 1992, I became quite disillusioned with it all. I got into basketball and started collecting basketball cards.

I sold ALL my good baseball cards at a yard sale for $10 to a lady. Her son got my best Frank Thomas, Mike Piazza, Cal Ripkin Jr, whoever else was hot at the time. Even my precious 1960's Bob Uker RC (valued at $50). My favorite players were Don Mattingly, Robin Ventura, Andre Dawson, etc.

I have nothing significant as far as basketball. I have all of Shaq's RC's because I grew up in central Florida, including an autograph. I amassed 200 Michael Jordan cards, nothing as rare as his RC. I think the most valuable thing I have is a Jason Kidd proof college card that was limited to 200 or something.

one time i got a fleer ultra hot pack... some of the craziest cards ive ever seen. so i brought them to school the next day to show off, because of course i would.

we had a substitute teacher that day, and for absolutely no reason at all, she came over and took the cards out of my desk- i was literally sitting there doing my work, and she came and confiscated them.

and then over the course of the day, someone in the class managed to steal them off the subs desk. she refused to take any responsibility for it, teacher didnt give two shits the next day, and the school simply didnt want to hear it.

I've got about 30K cards from the 90's. I tried to slang them a couple times over the past few years, but they aren't worth shit. So I'll just hold onto them. I collected Maddux, Griffey, Ripken, and Chipper hard. About 250 each of those players.

I'm in the same boat. I have probably close to 20k cards from the late 80s and early 90s and they aren't worth shit any more. I think they were worth more ten years ago. The worst part is collectors will try to low ball the hell out of you.

It's crazy how much the value of trading cards has declined. I have a huge set of NFL and NBA hall of famer rookie cards (Walter Payton, Joe Montana, OJ Simpson, Barry Sanders, Art Monk, etc), and they really aren't worth much anymore.

I also have around 200 MJ cards, and I doubt they are worth much either. Do they still publish the Beckett magazine to look up the value of cards?

I have a ton of cards at my dads house still. Mostly just binders, I brought boxes of loose cards home last summer. Mostly collected Reds players and team sets, Frank Thomas and Griffey Jr. Kind of strayed away from it in the mid-late 90's, started to get back into it a little the past couple years. Every once in a while I'll buy a pack or two when I'm at the grocery store, usually just the regular series Topps, none of the fancy stuff.

I collected David Cone cards and memorabilia. I still have my entire collection of cards, mostly baseball and hockey. The hard part is storing them and battling humidity issues in my basement, even with them being in sleeves, boxes, cases, etc. I've showed them to my older son (he's 4) and he gave me a look of "... I'd rather watch videos on your phone".

im not even really worried about the value of my cards anymore, I just love going through and looking at them. I also collected Beckett price guides for two - three years, and I have newspaper clippings of games that my grandpa would mail me from milwaukee. going through those brought back so many great memories

they seem to have held more value, at least the Jerry Rice, Steve Young and Reggie White rookie cards, the only ones i still have.

The Jerry Rice RC was my first big buy when I was a kid. Still have it. Not worth as much as it was when I got it 18 years ago. Maybe if I got it graded 8 and above it might be worth what I paid for it.