Breaking Bad Season 5

I have a hard time believing he was thinking "I'm going to take Holly cause I know the police will come and that's when I'll call Skylar and take the blame" at the time everything was going down. He just got almost stabbed to death by his wife and everything was going absolutely nuts, there's no way in that moment he was planning out some scheme like that. 

Also anyone else notice the shot towards the beginning (the flashback where Walt calls Skylar) of Skylar on the phone when she sold Walt's clown thingy? It's the same shot as later when the shit storm happens and the shot of the knives and the phone together comes in. Except in the flashback its the knives and her packaging up the clown thingy. I only noticed cause I watched the beginning of the rerun that came on right after talking bad. So that was pretty cool. 

My aunt worked on the show and has known the ending for almost a year. Crazy. She won't tell anyone anything. She did tell me that the opening scene last night was the very last scene they shot. She was there for the filming. I told her to tell Vince to press the soundtrack on clear blue vinyl. Maybe we should start a petition or something so she can show him.

My aunt worked on the show and has known the ending for almost a year. Crazy. She won't tell anyone anything. She did tell me that the opening scene last night was the very last scene they shot. She was there for the filming. I told her to tell Vince to press the soundtrack on clear blue vinyl. Maybe we should start a petition or something so she can show him.

That's awesome. Can you say what she did?

I was super bummed because I was suppose to go with her to help film the commentary during this final half of season 5 but they decided not to let anyone be near anything so secrets wouldn't leak out. I was excited to meet Cranston but now I might not get to. She's gonna try to get me into the finale showing during talking bad.

I was super bummed because I was suppose to go with her to help film the commentary during this final half of season 5 but they decided not to let anyone be near anything so secrets wouldn't leak out. I was excited to meet Cranston but now I might not get to. She's gonna try to get me into the finale showing during talking bad.

ooh ill be at the finale! cant describe how excited i am for that

They had tickets for sale to the finale at some theatre in Los Angeles for $45 but I had no money. :/ after the episode they are doing a Q&A with the entire cast.

Not a theater my dude; at Hollywood Forever Cemetery.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/29/breaking-bad-series-finale-at-hollywood-forever-cemetery_n_3838656.html

I have a hard time believing he was thinking "I'm going to take Holly cause I know the police will come and that's when I'll call Skylar and take the blame" at the time everything was going down. He just got almost stabbed to death by his wife and everything was going absolutely nuts, there's no way in that moment he was planning out some scheme like that. 

he wasnt, he was just taking holly in the heat of the moment, but when he was changing her in the bathroom and she kept saying "mama" he realized that she needed her mother in her life and as an apology and respect thing to skylar decided to call and set up the "abusive husband" thing so that the heat would be off of skylar. you can tell as shes listening about half way through she realizes it and starts playing along "youre right..youre completely right". it just worked out well that he knew the police would be listening BECAUSE he had taken holly, and he wanted to get skylar off the hook while returning holly to her. 

he wasnt, he was just taking holly in the heat of the moment, but when he was changing her in the bathroom and she kept saying "mama" he realized that she needed her mother in her life and as an apology and respect thing to skylar decided to call and set up the "abusive husband" thing so that the heat would be off of skylar. you can tell as shes listening about half way through she realizes it and starts playing along "youre right..youre completely right". it just worked out well that he knew the police would be listening BECAUSE he had taken holly, and he wanted to get skylar off the hook while returning holly to her. 

Apparently, Holly saying 'mama' was a total accident, and they went with it:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/breaking-bad-director-doing-death-629957

Right, that's how it played out in my eyes. Other people are making it seem like he knew the whole plan right as he took Holly.

Walt's not that calculating when he's emotional. For a while he's been so unfeeling I wondered if he would care about hank. He does, there is humanity left in him, Gilligan has said many times that "I took Mr. Chips and made him Scarface" and I didn't like Scarface but I do remember a line about "First you get the money, then you get the power." 

What the episode was about is trust destroying an empire, and its king left cold and alone with only his choices. The Ozymandias poem was very appropriate. Pretty sure the next two episodes will both be flash forwards and will be about Walt's choices. We have already seen one of them with his phone call to skyler.

What has Walt been planning for a year?   

Tv show creators write/edit usually shows to leave big plot events at the end of the show. You think they just write one long season and its just by chance that the cliffhangers happen at the end of individual episodes? The write around the time slot, with consideration for the overall storyline. Obviously not trying to jam 65 minutes into 60. I'm not stupid. I was suggesting changing the dialogue/pacing without any of the important events.

Sorry for voicing my opinion on how I thought things could have been better. If you want me to, pm me and I'll edit my post to just "great episode" (which is not a dig at anyone who may have posted something similar).

Say what you want to say.  I wouldn't worry about some other snooty member trying to make you look like you don't know what you're talking about.  Off your high horses I say!  There are more important things to discuss... such as, what is Walt gonna do with that M60 he picked up at the beginning of Season 5A?