Breaking Bad Season 5

I've always been pulling for Walt.  I can't help it.  But last night's episode almost made me switch.  I think Walt impulsively took Holly but when what he did started to sink in, he made that phonecall to relieve Skylar of any responsibility.  As fucked up as it was.

Giving up Jesse to the Nazi's was an vengeful decision because he did blame Jesse for Walt's death which I think Walt will super regret.  Maybe that's what the M60 is for.  He revisited his home to see how fucked up he made everyone's life but he's determined to change it so he plans to save Jesse in a blaze of glory.

I just can't decide if he does it so that people love him again or because he truly loves his family.  I guess that's what keeps me hanging on to Walt.

Why did Jack give Walt 11 million bucks? I mean if you're gonna fuck someone over like Walt, givin him 11 million is probably gonna come back on him hard.

I'm glad Hank went out with dignity.

Edit: also, I got chills in the flashback where he fades away. Fuck. I was 3 beers in and I thought I was tripping. I'm seriously gonna miss this show

Why did Jack give Walt 11 million bucks? I mean if you're gonna fuck someone over like Walt, givin him 11 million is probably gonna come back on him hard.

I'm glad Hank went out with dignity.

Well, Jack isn't really trying to fuck Walt over, in his eyes they're "square," remember the handshake? Plus he made mention of everyone being too greedy, I mean $69 million is more than enough for those guys to live off of for the rest of their lives.

Jack took the money as payment for just hitting two DEA agents and bringing down a potentially huge shitstorm on themselves in the process. He let Walt walk with a barrel as a goodwill gesture and to essentially dissapear.

I don't think Walt coming back will be money related at all.

I didn't think about that but the ricin in the tea for Lydia makes pretty perfect sense.

I agree with Lara on him taking Holly on a whim but then returning once he started thinking about it. That scene in the truck stop restroom where he was crying after the baby starting asking for it's mama was really rough. All Walt really wants is his family and after everything he's done he's pretty much lost all of them for good.

Jack took the money as payment for just hitting two DEA agents

This is factually incorrect in that the money was offered to not kill an agent. He robbed Walt. Leaving him the one barrel seemed out of character to me but the explanation wasn't unreasonable.

I see Walt coming to kill Jessie. I think that is what all the setup about anyone crossing him being in big trouble, even family. I'm not sure there is enough time left in the show for them to reconcile. Could go either way, though. Just my bet.

Ricin theory sounds solid to me. That bullet hole definitely seems carefully placed as well...

This is factually incorrect in that the money was offered to not kill an agent. He robbed Walt. Leaving him the one barrel seemed out of character to me but the explanation wasn't unreasonable.

I see Walt coming to kill Jessie. I think that is what all the setup about anyone crossing him being in big trouble, even family. I'm not sure there is enough time left in the show for them to reconcile. Could go either way, though. Just my bet.

Ricin theory sounds solid to me. That bullet hole definitely seems carefully placed as well...

I agree with you (bolded), but don't you think leaving Walt alive in general was even more out of character? 

here's my take on last night's episode and the future:

Hank's death pretty much made Walt die as well and go full on Heisenberg. He lost his money, family and sanity pretty much so he has nothing to live for anymore. Skylar, Flynn and Marie are gonna do everything in their power to track down Walt's whereabouts. I agree with what you've guys have been saying that the weapon will be for the Nazis. He'll rescue Jesse but in the process, Jesse will kill Walt for what he's done.

That's all I got.

I agree with you (bolded), but don't you think leaving Walt alive in general was even more out of character? 

Yep. The Nazi's don't really have the same level of character development behind them that someone like Gus, Mike, etc did so I guess it's more about what you expect your typical Nazi Meth-dealing gangster to do in that case than what the show has set as their personality I guess.

Well i think what we have to remember with the nazis is at that point they still needed walt to do a cook for them so they couldn't completely screw him over or kill him

unless they were just thinking "fuck it, we don't need to make meth anymore" which they obviously wernt w/ todd forcing jessie to cook w. him

as to the whole calling skyler thing

i think he made the call to protect his family. he took the blame to exonerate skyler. you can tell when skyler realizes what he's doing and starts playing along and snaps the phone because he knew that the police were there

exactly. Took Holly to make sure the police would 100% be listening in on the phone call, and ensured that Skyler wouldn't be charged with any of the meth related crimes she was involved in, because he threatened to kill her otherwise (well, as far as the cops know).