Why is Against Me!'s acoustic EP so hard to find?

Why is it that pretty much everything else Against Me! has put out is still in print, but there was apparently only one pressing of their early acoustic EP? Did they lose the masters or something? I've seen it pop up on eBay from time to time, but it tends to go for ~$20 every time which is a bit more than I'd want to pay.

Maybe youll have better luck making a WTB thread in the sales forum. I got mine from another VC user, cant remember the price though.

Hmm, I might try that. Thanks! It's just odd that AM! has kept so much of their other stuff in print all this time, except for that one release. And it doesn't even seem to pop up on eBay/Discogs very often either.

$20 for something that is hard to find sounds like a good deal to me, then again I like the Melvins and the stuf Third Man puts out.

True. I'm just trying to save money right now, so I couldn't really justify $20 for a 4-song EP.

I recommend you don't collect Brand New

Haha, yeah, that shit is bonkers. Won't be collecting that shit anytime soon.

image.png

Absolutely. When i was in high school there were 3 really good record stores in a 3 mile radius, gradually they all closed and now the closest stores to me are a 30 min-1 hour drive away and in that radius there's maybe 4 or 5. Fingerprints in Long Beach & Ameba in Hollywood being the best.

Absolutely. When i was in high school there were 3 really good record stores in a 3 mile radius, gradually they all closed and now the closest stores to me are a 30 min-1 hour drive away and in that radius there's maybe 4 or 5. Fingerprints in Long Beach & Ameba in Hollywood being the best.

man, you've got one of the best areas in the country for record stores. and there are honestly more around there now than there have been in years... south of LA = fingerprints, vinyl solution, TKO. hollywood = amoeba, headline, counterpoint. silverlake/glendale = rockaway, permanent, origami, vacation. burbank = freakbeat, atomic (and CD trader if you wanna go as far as tarzana)... and that's just off the top of my head. i mean it sucks that the ones super close to you closed, but you're definitely not making any friends talking about the lack of records when you live where you do. haha...